• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HLG3 footage overexposed once in Premiere Pro

Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I shot a bunch of footage in HLG3. Everything in camera was done correctly. Used my grey card for the white balance and exposure was properly set according to what it showed in camera. I put it in Premiere Pro and the whites are blown out when in camera there were no zebras showing, camera meeter was on 0. 

It is what it is for the footage I've already shot. But I would like to know what happen? I've watch a few videos on youtube of people using HLG. It looks great and easy to work with. So with your help, hopefully I can fix whatever the problem is and give it another shot! 

Thank you 

TOPICS
Editing , Export , Formats , How to , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's already a bit of discussion and various suggestions on how to handle this. This is happening because now Premiere will treat Rec. 2100 HLG footage as Rec. 2100 HLG footage, and when adding those clips to a Rec. 709 sequence, you are adding footage that has luminance values beyond that of Rec. 709 / SDR.

My suggestion is to apply the SDR conform effect to your HLG clips, or, perhaps add a track with an adjustment layer over your HLG clips with SDR conform on the adjustment.

Others (including Adobe) suggest you can override the color space of your footage to Rec 709, and you CAN do this (Right Click > Modify > Interpret Footage) but it's of my opinion that this can have some issues as well, such as inconsistencies between proxies. It's another option available to you though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2021 Nov 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for taking the time to reply. Sorry, I'm seeing that now. First time using this approach for help. Obviously a great way to ask for help/advice. 

Thanks again 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2021 Nov 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines