• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Horrible Green Lines

Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2021 Oct 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently got a brand new laptop (HP - ENVY 17.3" Touch-Screen Laptop - Intel Core i7 - 12GB Memory - 512GB SSD + 32GB Optane) and I keep seeing green lines when I'm editing. I already contacted Adobe, they couldn't do much and suggested to call Microsoft. Microsoft said I needed to update my Windows and that didn't do anything at all. It feels frustrating to have a new laptop and to be dealing with this. Before I had a Lenovo laptop and it was working pefectly fine. I have attached a photo and video as samples of the annoying green lines.

Any suggestions? I don't know anything about downgrading drivers in case anyone suggests that. 

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 20, 2021 Oct 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's likely a driver issue so this is something you should look at. But you could try switching to software rendering by going to 'Project Settings>Video Rendering & Playback' and change to Software only. This might give you poorer performance but it might get rid of the green lines.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks but I had already made that change after watching a couple of videos. Didn't fix the issue 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please use the free MediaInfo and post a screenshot the properties of your media in tree view:
https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo

Many users are having issues with VFR. If the file is variable frame rate, use Hand brake to convert to constant frame rate:
https://handbrake.fr/downloads.php
Here is a tutorial:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=34&v=xlvxgVREX-Y

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

and 12 gb of ram is barely sufficient and probably inadequate to work with 4k material...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines