• EspaƱol
      • FranƧais
      • PortuguĆŖs
  • ę—„ęœ¬čŖžć‚³ćƒŸćƒ„ćƒ‹ćƒ†ć‚£
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I get a caption lower in the bottom row center Zone?

Explorer ,
Oct 18, 2022 Oct 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Premiere Pro 22.1.2 on Windows 10. I have a video with black bars at the top and the bottom. I want to put captions into the bottom black bar. Unfortunately, the captions are shown almost touching the top of this bar. I've found I cannot use Essential Graphics/Edit to move the  captions lower than 0. If I give a positive value in Align and Transform in the right most setting (and if I've already chosen Zone to be bottom row center), the caption isn't lowered. (The caption is lowered, of course, if the chosen Zone is, say, center row center). It is as though with Zone bottom row center, 0 is the maximum positive value that will be actually used.

My question: Is there a way to lower the caption that's in Zone bottom row center?

I'm attaching a picture of what I have right now. The orange area is where the video is shown. The bottom black bar has a caption to show how close to the top edge of the bottom black bar the caption is placed.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 18, 2022 Oct 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere uses the 'safe' locations from typical recommendations for captions, and then some captions types do have specific location requirements. So at times, there's no way to force a caption to a different either higher or lower place.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See "To Adjust Caption Track Position" in this post:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/faq-workaround-nesting-to-apply-effect-contr...

This works as long as you are just burning in.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.

Inspired by your post Re: Premiere v15 Captions can't be positioned low ... - Adobe Support Community - 11910899, I

1) created a transparent video track (spanning the whole timeline of the video),

2) selected a desired caption track that was already active,

3) added the transparent video track to the selected caption track (shift+clicking on the transparent video track), 

4) nested the combination (right-click/Nest),

5) added the Crop effect to the nest (dragging Effects/Crop onto the nested track) (adding the Crop effect makes Effects Controls available for the nest; the Crop effect apparently cannot be added to a "naked" captions track),

6) used Effects Controls on the nested track to move the captions lower.

I'll use this technique, at least for the time being.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Inspired by your post Re: Premiere v15 Captions can't be positioned low ... - Adobe Support Community - 11910899, I

1) created a transparent video track (spanning the whole timeline of the video),

3) added the transparent video track to the selected caption track (shift+clicking on the transparent video track), 

5) added the Crop effect to the nest (dragging Effects/Crop onto the nested track) (adding the Crop effect makes Effects Controls available for the nest; the Crop effect apparently cannot be added to a "naked" captions track),

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines