• English
      • Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

How can I split a clip into individual shots and save separately?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2022 Oct 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to create a library of individual shots saved from a video clip.

I've tried a couple of recommended methods but they don't work.  Here's what I've tried and what happened

1) I split the clip into the shots I wanted then went to Project Manager > Consolidate and transcode individual clips

On export, Premiere realises they're all from the same clip and saves them as one single video file.  So back to square one

2) I split the clip into the shots I wanted then went to Render and replace.

Again, Premiere realises the're all from the same clip and saves them as one video file.  So back to square one again!

Has anyone got a workable solution?

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can subclip (or subsequence) segments of your timeline, and then batch export those from the project as individual clips.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's not a bad solution smrpix - thanks. 

I've also found another one involving a free app called Lossless Cut (on github)

You can split your video as necessary, name the segments and it will export them all losslessly ie it doesn't recompress.  There's also naming options allowing you to have the name of the original file, the timecode and your segment combined automatically which is pretty handy

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines