• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do dynamic links from After Effects behave when I archive a Premiere Pro project?

Explorer ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a beginner with PP and have a few projects that I've finished with it. My plan is to archive these projects. By that, I mean I want to have all the files they depend on copied into a single folder (and probably zipped) so that I can't accidentally break the prproj later by moving, deleting, replacing, or renaming files. I don't know how to do that yet, but I've been doing it with Camtasia for years to archive my old projects in case I ever need to render them again.

My situation is that I want to use aep files from After Effects in Premiere Pro. Because the rendered AVI files are huge (but I also don't want to lose quality before the final render), I used the "Adobe Dynamic Link" feature to get these elements from AE into PP. My question is: How does this behave when I later archive the project? Will the linked files be copied? Will the dynamic links stop working? And most importantly, will I achieve my result of not having a huge file create from After Effects?

TOPICS
Editing , Export , Formats , How to , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you asked this on the AfterEffects forum? There's a link on the upper right of the page. The folks over there should have a very quick answer for you ... they've far more experienced in Ae/Pr questions than most Pr users are.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, I'll try that!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines