• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I author a blu ray disc from Premier Pro?

New Here ,
Feb 16, 2018 Feb 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please help, I have tried for 2 weeks to find how to author a blue ray disc of my movie in Premier Pro.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 16, 2018 Feb 16, 2018

Alas they are old instructions.

Click in Premiere Pro CC triangle and open other versions.

Install CS6 which also will install Encore CS6.

encore.png

Export from Premiere with H.264 bluray preset

Import the audio and video file into Encore

Make menu and burn to disk.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,
Feb 17, 2018 Feb 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I checked the H.264 Blu-ray output and there is no Multiplexing.  However, there is for MPEG2-DVD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 18, 2018 Feb 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is mulitplexing for dvd as you can make a dvd with pcm audio.

You cannot make a bd disk with pcm audio it has to have ac3 which is dolby: hence the multiplexing missing on bd disks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ann,

That issue only affects output to be authored in a program that requires the audio and video muxed together. It can also be seen as the latest step in Adobe's depreciation of DVD and Blu-ray export support. The first step affected the DVD export preset as far back as the original 2013 release of Premiere Pro CC, when Dolby Digital audio exports when using the DVD preset was "permanently" fixed at a low 128 kbps. The next MAJOR (not point) release of Premiere Pro CC may completely eliminate the DVD and Blu-ray export presets, which will force the user to export in a format whose entire content - both video and audio - will end up getting re-encoded by the authoring program.

And as far as I know, Adobe Premiere is incapable of muxing PCM audio with the video in its Blu-ray presets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RjL190365  wrote

And as far as I know, Adobe Premiere is incapable of muxing PCM audio with the video in its Blu-ray presets.

pcm is not bd compliant.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, (L)PCM is BD compliant (Correction: It is Blu-ray compliant, as far as replicated/pressed pre-recorded Blu-ray discs are concerned, up to 8 channels at 48kHz or up to 6 channels at 96 or 192 KHz. That may not be applicable to burned BD-R media.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did not know that.

I just made an interesting test with Encore.

Project settings set to ntsc/pcm: timeline m4v and wav 25 fps.

It made an iso. m2ts file is pcm and 25 fps.

Cannot do this in a pal project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 25, 2018 Feb 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ann, in Encore, go to File > Project Settings and click on Default Transcode Settings and change the Audio Encoding Scheme from Dolby Digital to PCM. It works here with PAL projects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did that but no show.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To make it work everytime, make sure to set this in the New Project dialog when creating a new project since changing it in an existing project may or may not work. In an existing project when the audio once has been transcoded, use the Revert to Original and make sure that Encore deletes the .ac3 file it created to force it to use PCM.

I made a test with a 28 minute timeline, 1080i 25, and the PCM version of the .iso file Encore created became 6 445 056 Kb while the Dolby version became 6 134 208 Kb.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It also works for me. Simple version. New project, set to PAL BD with PCM audio. But it is upper field - 1080i 25 is not listed as BD legal.

Encore-supported Blu-ray Formats

In any event, I just added a menu, put a PAL DV clip  I had on a timeline, linked and built to BD folder. The transcoded file it created was .wav, and mediainfo showed the m2ts in the stream folder as PCM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But it is upper field - 1080i 25 is not listed as BD legal.

1080i 25 is upper field first and that´s what i used. HD is per definition upper field when it somes in an interlaced stream.

1080i 25 and 1080i 50 is the very same thing. Some prefer to define it as 1080i 50 and some prefer 1080i 25 though both mean 1080, interlaced, upper field first, 25 frames/second. I prefer the latter since 25 frames/second is easier to explain than 50 half frames/seconds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a "duh" moment....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Kona+Bob  wrote

What are you using for a workaround?

Encore still has dolby for stereo no 5.1.

I have been using TMPGenc (via frameserving) for many years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Ann+Bens  wrote

... In Premiere there is no multiplexer for BD anymore.

I'm not sure I understand. Yes, the H.264 Blu-ray format has only "none" for multiplexor, but it is exporting PCM, same as for a DVD. And Encore will create a stereo a3c file in a BD project, and you can also build with the PCM (if the project is set to PCM audio).

FYI, first time using Power DVD for testing; my old Total media theater does not work correctly in Win10.

Re later post, I'm sure the TMPGenc workflow is the better way to go. 5.1 audio is the thing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In previous versions you were able to make a bd compliant file (m2t) with ac3 embedded if you were to use another authoring program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines