• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I center pan a whole sequence (or in to out points)?

Jan 26, 2017 Jan 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im sure this is premiere 101 but I cant, for the life of me, find the answer to this anywhere.  Every answer I have seen is to do it before you cut it into your sequence.  Thats NOT my situation.  I have a 25 minute sequence with many cuts that for some reason all the audio is panned left -100.  How do I select all the audio (or in to out) and center pan them all at once.  Again, forgive me for asking a question thats so easy to answer it doesnt even exist in the forum!  Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try the Audio Mixer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only way to get them that way is on purpose.  Undo what you did.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2023 Jan 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually that's not always true. I've imported audio that automatically pans -100 to the left side. This is without touching it in any way, shape, or form. I'm sick of arrogant *ssholes on these forums always making newbies asking questions feel like idiots. There are multiple Reddit forums that hate you guys too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jan 28, 2017 Jan 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is the audio track mixer set correctly? (Often newbies make adjustments here not realising there are two audio mixers).

Centre pan first clip (using audio clip mixer, not audio track mixer).

Select that clip in timeline & copy.

Select other clips you you want to affect & 'paste attributes' - check 'panner' and click OK

(There are various methods for selecting clips)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2023 Nov 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Exact fix I've been looking for to do a whole timeline at once! Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2023 Mar 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you for your reply. I'm actually not a newby at all but for some reason everything just gets panned left -100. The proposed solution worked for me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2023 Sep 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had something unexpected happen today. I'm editing a 4 act show. I've watched the first 2 acts and when I get to the third, it's much louder. I find that 1&2 are panned center. So I fix it so 1 is panned left and 2 is panned right. Then on a whim, I go back to acts 1&2 and they are both panned center as well. I open the previous save (no one else has touched this project) and everything is panned left and right. Somewhere along the way, all the clips on 1 and 2 got panned center. Somehow I was able to do accidentally what is apparently impossible...adjust the panning of the entire track across all clips through the duration of the sequence. If it can't be done, then it's a bug? And I'm talking about the clip mixer, not the track mixer. I'll not rest until I figure this out but I've looked before for an answer to this. It's easy in Avid but Premiere has no way to do it short of pasting attributes to all clips.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines