• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I change where a nested sequence is pointing to?

New Here ,
Oct 08, 2022 Oct 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am a bit over my head on this one--any advice would be much appreciated.

I have a sequence of two video tracks which I call "Unmerged" for the sake of clarity. Track #1 of Unmerged contains ~60 clips of digital VFX backgrounds & Track #2 of Umerged contains the same number of ~60 clips with the corresponding foreground elements to each of the background clips (actors keyed out from a green screen). I then sent this sequence off to be colored.
In the meantime, I nested Unmerged into a new sequence containing only one single track of both the foreground and background elements of Unmerged combined. I call this new sequence "Merged". I then went ahead and cut down about half of the length of this new Merged sequence.

Here's my problem:
I've just received back the Colored Unmerged sequence, and I would like to change my nested & cut-down Merged sequence to point to this new Colored Unmerged sequence instead of the original Unmerged sequence.

I don't know why I assumed this could be easily done, but I can't seem to find a way to do it.

Both the Colored Umerged Sequence and the original Unmerged are identical in every way except for the obvious difference that one has been colored and one has not. And it seems like this should be possible.
Any ideas on how I might go about re-linking this merged sequence? Or am I SOL?

System specs: Apple M1Max, 32gb RAM
Software specs: Adobe Premiere Pro 22.6.2
Footage specs:
The colored footage is Apple ProRes 4444 (ap4h), contained in a .mov, and created in Davinci Resolve; the uncolored foreground clips are Apple QuickTime RLE Video (rle ), contained in a .mov; the uncolored background clips are Apple ProRes 422 HQ (apch).
TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 11, 2022 Oct 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You cannot change the path of a (nested) timeline.

You will have to substitute all clips in the timeline with the new ones.

Could try alt+drag

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 11, 2022 Oct 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try this first:

"...nested & cut-down Merged sequence..."

The "cut down" is your problem, right? You replace the original videos in the unmerged sequence with the colored file. Or I would just add the colored file as track 3 and turn off track 1 and 2. Isn't it still the same as before? As long as you did not change the unmerged sequence, it should all be okay.

But the worst case is you just have to cut it down again.

Hindsight and all that.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines