• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do i create a video montage in premiere pro

Community Beginner ,
Sep 03, 2022 Sep 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys. I am a student and we are assigned to create a montage video with clips in motion. We are supposed to have each clip pacing at the same time sliding from left to right. I understand how to get each image to slide left or right with key frames. Where I'm lost at; I dont know how to have each video seem like they're attached to one another as they slide across the screen. How do I do this in premiere?

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Sep 04, 2022 Sep 04, 2022

In your example we have videos on top (let's say 5 videos), and the same on bottom, their size is half of the sequence, so:

Make 2 sequences with size 4800 (1920/2 x 5) x 540 (1080/2), one for top videos and another for the bottom videos, align the clips inside of those sequences, put those seq in the main montage sequence and animate them in reverse directions.

If it's not clear, this is a small tutorial on how to do it:
https://youtu.be/bYmouXEE2Mc

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Sep 06, 2022 Sep 06, 2022

If I understand your question, I believe that this is what you want (yes! another mini tutorial and with sound this time!):

https://youtu.be/MgVgE1iQiG0

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Sep 03, 2022 Sep 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps by putting the clips on a timeline, then selecting all, "nest". This would make a new "clip" of the group.

Now use that as your montage image ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 04, 2022 Sep 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi thank you for your feedback. I want to show you an example with the attach files. Can you look at it and see what I mean by having each clip side by side.  Thanks!  https://youtu.be/pkYYlkk9fR0 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 04, 2022 Sep 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In your example we have videos on top (let's say 5 videos), and the same on bottom, their size is half of the sequence, so:

Make 2 sequences with size 4800 (1920/2 x 5) x 540 (1080/2), one for top videos and another for the bottom videos, align the clips inside of those sequences, put those seq in the main montage sequence and animate them in reverse directions.

If it's not clear, this is a small tutorial on how to do it:
https://youtu.be/bYmouXEE2Mc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 05, 2022 Sep 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are so amazing. Thank you so very much for this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 05, 2022 Sep 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 06, 2022 Sep 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I have one other question. I need to create another montage with the 6 videos sliding right across the screen but they have to align slightly under one another. 3 at the top and 3 at the bottom but not quite align under each other. The bottom videos would come slightly to the right of the top 3 videos but they need to all show as they slide across the screen simultaneously. I hope I am making sense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't understand exactly, do you want them to be like stairs? Can you post a screenshot that describes their positions and travel direction?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My timeline has to be exactly like this, and the image has to move across the screen from left to right like the last montage, but the image must be aligned like below

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm, are you sure? This way you can't have more than one clip displayed on the program monitor at the same time. The clips should be on top of each other because YOU HAVE to see 2 or 3 clips at the same time, if you put them after each other it means that you can only see one clip at a time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you need to see, for example, 6 clips in the program monitor, then you should have 6 clips on top of each other in the timeline

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is how they have the assignment lined up in the example, but this isn't very clear because my videos are not pacing smoothly from left to right, like the last example I showed you. I may have to do this another way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i attach how the image should be sliding across the screen as they are aligned that way so you can have a visual, 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I understand your question, I believe that this is what you want (yes! another mini tutorial and with sound this time!):

https://youtu.be/MgVgE1iQiG0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
You are so my hero, Thank you so much! This is correct!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines