• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I curve/bend text in Adobe Premiere Pro? 2023

New Here ,
Apr 14, 2023 Apr 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am struggling to figure out how to curve text (see example attached) in premiere!

I've seen quite a few tutorials saying to use Adobe Legacy Title but that function is no longer available. I would appreciate any insight. 

If unable to do it on premiere, whats another method? Thank you in advance!

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 07, 2023 May 07, 2023

It's really easy to do it in Photoshop or Illustrator if you have the full CC subscription. You can't do it with Premiere Pro easily, and the result's quality in Pr isn't that good. If you need to animate characters, then you have to go into AE.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can always use After Effects, it works really well. Many tutorials available to do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Ann Bens has a good few comments on how to achieve this in Premiere. But she's I think outta the 'shop' at the moment, so search the forum for curved text and look for Ann's posts on this.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 18, 2023 Apr 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want exactly the same as in your screenshot AE is the way.

With some fiddling, you can achieve some curving with spherize and corner pin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2023 May 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you found the solution, i am looking for it, plz guide me if you can. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's really easy to do it in Photoshop or Illustrator if you have the full CC subscription. You can't do it with Premiere Pro easily, and the result's quality in Pr isn't that good. If you need to animate characters, then you have to go into AE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, easy to do in After Effects. Check out some tutorials on Youtube, etc. Here's a couple that seem good!

https://youtu.be/cOUTLzAiDX0

https://youtu.be/ykncwozwUBM

Check out our best After Effects downloads: https://bit.ly/3RegKD1 And check out our full article on this effect: https://bit.ly/3RojNbJ In this tutorial we learn how to make your text follow a path in After Effects. Animating text in After Effects is simple and you can easily make it follow a ...
▼ After Effects Beginners Course ▼ https://www.domestika.org/en/courses/2207-fundamentals-of-animation-in-after-effects/tierneytv A nice and easy video for beginners to After Effects. Here I'll show you how to use custom shape layers and animate text across custom paths and mask in this Adobe ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Myer, good tutorials.

Many users find it hard to work within AE, so working with PS or Illustrator is much easier for a user if he wants only to do the design of that curved text.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 08, 2023 May 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, good point Ali. I'm better at AE then Photoshop, so good idea if they can do it in PS or AI and don't want the text to move. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines