• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I define the size of the caption area?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2022 Jun 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I want to put captions on the right hand side of my video - I have a portrait clip that I will put on a landscape sequence and I want the captions to fill the right hand side (see picture). 

My issue is that I can't seem to make the captions start at the top and use all the space to the bottom. Am I missing something here?! Thanks in advance...Screenshot 2022-06-21 at 15.07.49.png

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try the parameters next to the Zone.

Or use plain text instead of captions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

More info re Ann's suggestion; see the screen shot.

In my example, I set the "Zone" to upper right, Right aligned, and top aligned. And I have made the box an exact left to right size, and large from top to bottom. As you add lines, they will stay at the top and move down. Or if you set Center Text Vertically, a one line caption will be in the middle, and as lines are added, they will move to stay centered.

I assume you are burning in. A sidecar file is unlikely to work.

Stan

PR Caption Position and Text Adjust 22_4_0.png

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines