• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I insert a clip in front of an already edited sequence on the timeline?

Explorer ,
Nov 23, 2013 Nov 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a 5 minute sequence already edited on the timeline. I need to insert a 15 second "logo stinger" clip in front of the 5 minutes.

I basically need to add 15 seconds in front of my already edited 5 minute clip....... How do I do this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 24, 2013 Nov 24, 2013

A picture says more than a thousand words;

insert.png

file

Get Started with Premiere Pro
New to Premiere Pro? Get started with your first project — editing a video. In less than an hour, you'll learn to edit together different types of media to tell a video story.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,
Nov 24, 2013 Nov 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is incredibly basic. You really should take a basics tutorial online. Set the in and out points of your clip and then drag it from the bin to the timeline.     

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow...your answer was incredibly arrogant. You should take a basics good manners tutorial.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 30, 2018 Dec 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your answer made me LOL. You tell him!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2018 Jun 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

arrogant and not even helpful at all

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2023 Oct 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

of all the contemptuous answers I have ever seen, yours tops the list. I was trying to find the answer to the same question, and all I got was your swill. Thanks for bringing the Internet one step closer to a misanthropic quagmire. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to the incredibly basic answer provided by syager, you need to hold down control while you drag.  If you do not, your "logo stinger" will over-write the start of your editied sequence. From your question, I assume that you do not want to over-write.

I have assumed that you are on a PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2023 Jul 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! This made all of the difference!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A picture says more than a thousand words;

insert.png

file

Get Started with Premiere Pro
New to Premiere Pro? Get started with your first project — editing a video. In less than an hour, you'll learn to edit together different types of media to tell a video story.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Ann.  That is two put-downs in one short thread.  Just the reason why I hardly ever post these days!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Far from being plut downs, it is just being helpfull.

There is nothing worst than someone who cannt be bothered to rtfm.

In the time taken to post and wait for a reply, a user could search the web, or read the manual

Another way to solve this problem is to create a new sequence, insert the start video and then nest  the original sequence next to the start vid, OK now someone is going to post...what is a nest sequence.....my answer rtfm.

Col

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Biggles Lamb wrote:

In the time taken to post and wait for a reply, a user could search the web, or read the manual

Col

What may be a easy for you might be really hard to search online or from a manual because you have no idea what you need to google. There's  many people from different countries using this software and it's likely they don't teach Premiere Pro jargon during english class in Finland or Japan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ann that was a big help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2023 Oct 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Ann, Clear and simple answer to a simple question. It does not get better. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've needed to add a "countdown" leader to a film with multiple audio and video tracks, and I've worried that all of them will nicely shift and keep sync with an insert edit.  My process?  I hit Command-A to "select all", and basically drag everything a bit to the right in the sequence to make room for the leader (or in your case, the logo).  I'd add the logo, dragging and dropping it into place, and then (assuming everything else is still selected) I'd drag it all back to the left until it "snaps" into place.  If for some reason the rest of the sequence is no longer selected, I'd simply "lasso' it and then drag.

This always works for me and never results in something getting knocked out of sync.  Keep the questions coming.  What is is this forum for?  Ignore the haters.  Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2017 Dec 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Greg. Best response I've found!

The others don't make a ton of sense to us newbies...and I certainly don't have a manual since this software came with my online subscription. I've been googling away and this forum is the thing I found in answer to my question...so googling doesn't always get you everything you are exactly looking for, but your answer did for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 03, 2017 Dec 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you’re interested, I can email you the downloadable version of the PP user’s manual Adobe used to make available.  It covers about 95% of the current software.  Let me know.

Greg Popp

[personal info deleted by mod]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2018 Jul 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

please send to me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2021 Oct 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I'm new and my client is needing a slide added before there movie and honestly I didn't even know what to call this when I was searching. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2020 May 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ann, I actually found this extremely efficient guidance. Exactly what I needed. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines