• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do i make a greenscreen in a video game?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 05, 2022 Sep 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I search youtube so many times and the only thing i found is how to remove greenscreen but not how to make one. 

This is what i want to do :
I play game A, character A. I want to move that character to another game using greenscreen but dont know how to cut them or how to make a greenscreen

TOPICS
Editing , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will have to isolate the character A from its background. You may have to look at rotoscoping in AfterEffects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So it's impossible to do it in Premiere Pro?

I dont know how to describe. Here the original : 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_W0Pvk_AyKg&ab_channel=YoutubeOriginalSeriesIntro

Here's the one i want to make: 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Vhr4YZ9A04&ab_channel=MatterBoarTRASH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can do it in Premiere, but the tools to do so aren't as sofisticated as After Effects. Essentially you're going to use the mask tool and trace around your character for every frame of the clip. Then that will leave the character and you can put green behind it then if you want, but you'll have what you want I think at that point and the character will be isolated with alpha behind it to then put in any game. It's tedious.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i see thank you, if compare between AE vs PP, how long does it take for me to make it like the above video i show? AE 10 minutes? PP 1 hour? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you know how to use AFX it shouldn't take long but AFX has a very very steep learning curve for a beginner.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines