• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I move playhead to beginning of Selected Clip in Sequence?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 11, 2016 Oct 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Question: Is there a quick way to select a clip in the sequence and move the playhead to the exact point when that clip begins? (it'd be helpful for immediate preview playback from beginning of selected clip)

I know that I can use the Up and Down arrows to quickly move the playhead to the beginning and end of a clip, but that doesn't work if the playhead is somewhere else and I want to move it quickly to the beginning of a selected clip.

Right now I'm clicking a point on the timeline right before the clip and then using the Down arrow to move to the exact beginning point of the clip, but this seems a little clunky.

I'm new to Premiere so this probably a silly question if Premiere doesn't behave this way. =|

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Oct 12, 2016 Oct 12, 2016

Hi Lestellepov,

Here is the Keyboard shortcut for this operation:

Shift+End

Shift+Home

1.jpg

Please let me know if you are looking for anything else.

Thanks,

Kulpreet Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lestellepov,

Here is the Keyboard shortcut for this operation:

Shift+End

Shift+Home

1.jpg

Please let me know if you are looking for anything else.

Thanks,

Kulpreet Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perfect! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2018 Jun 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to do this on laptop keyboards that lack Home and End keys? On a Mac, Home and End are replaced by Function+Left and Function+Right. However, the logical replacements, Shift+Function+Left and Shift+Function+Right, instead move the in and out points.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 07, 2019 May 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

shift + up / shift + down are the key combos to do this on that sort of keyboard!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2022 Oct 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is absurd! You have to take your hand off the mouse to press TWO keys. While in Vegas you just click at the border of the clip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2023 Feb 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines