Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I relocate Scratch files in Premiere Pro 2022 Version 22.5.0

Community Beginner ,
Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm trying to relocate my Scratch files in Premiere Pro 2022 Version 22.5.0 which is the newest update so that I can have those scratch files in a different drive on my desktop PC. I've seen youtube tutorials on how this is done but they all used a previous version of Premiere in which you can relocate scratch files when you make a new project. Version 22.5.0 doesn't have that option. It completely took that away the option to relocate scratch files from the new project menu (now it's called Import). Is there a way to relocate scratch files in Version 22.5.0 of Premiere Pro?

Thanks,

Peter

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to , Import , Performance , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

In the Project settings dialog, from the left-most option of the main menu system.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Project settings dialog, from the left-most option of the main menu system.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was very simple! thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea.

They have always been there, as well as the 'New Project' dialog. But almost no one used them in the N-P dialog, so they replaced the "non-used options" with that new project/import "page" thing.

Which has a project start/import process designed for things such as newsroom editors who get assigned six 'short' projects for the evening news. Each one has a different folder of a couple bits of on-location coverage, some phone or other captures, and a couple talking-head comments.

For that work, creating a project with the new page is slick. And all assets from the folder or folder tree are right "there" in one spot.

For the rest of us, that ain't useful though. So again, the Old Ways are what we were expected to keeep doing.

And ... yea, setting the scratch stuff via the Project settings main menu.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I figured Adobe would do that to make things simpler for others. No biggie though. I'm glad I used this forum to get the answer. Otherwise I would've never found it. Thanks again!

-Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines