• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I share a project between PC and Mac?

New Here ,
May 26, 2018 May 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I'm new to Adobe CC, I have used Adobe products over the years but i'm still confused on how the cloud really works.

I have a Desktop PC at home and a Macbook. I'm working on a project using PP on the Desktop but I would like to continue to work on it when I'm out with the Macbook.

I've been currently doing it the old fashioned way, downloading all files on a hard drive and moving it between both computers, but is there a way do just do this with using an internet connection and if so how do I do it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 26, 2018 May 26, 2018

Set the hard drive that you’re using for all of your files as the location for your Premiere Pro project file and you’re good to go.  Mostly.

I’ve found it helpful to create a folder on the drive for the entire project (meaning everything for this edit, not just the PR project file) and then create at least three sub-folders: Source Footage, Project Files, Exports.

You probably already have the drive formatted as ExFAT for cros–platform use, but you could also go with NTFS is you have Paragon NTFS

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 26, 2018 May 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Set the hard drive that you’re using for all of your files as the location for your Premiere Pro project file and you’re good to go.  Mostly.

I’ve found it helpful to create a folder on the drive for the entire project (meaning everything for this edit, not just the PR project file) and then create at least three sub-folders: Source Footage, Project Files, Exports.

You probably already have the drive formatted as ExFAT for cros–platform use, but you could also go with NTFS is you have Paragon NTFS for Mac installed on your MacBook Pro or HFS+ if you have MacDrive for Windows on your Windows desktop.

Make sure that you have the same version of Premiere Pro on any computer that you‘re using (two can be logged into your Adobe ID at a time regardless of OS).

As far as the cloud part goes, you can set your Auto-Save location to your Creative Cloud storage, your Premiere Pro settings can sync to it, and you can access files stored in your Creative Cloud storage (if you’re using it) via the Libraries tab in Premiere Pro.  These are all optional.

-Warren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2020 Apr 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've tried doing that via a team project, but... one of my files is over 1GB and have been unable to save it into a Library in Creative Cloud storage. Same for an audio file, apparently not yet supported.
Am I doing something wrong?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 25, 2020 Apr 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd seriously recommend you test your workflow BEFORE going too deep down the rabbit hole.  Haven't tried this with Premiere, but I once brought a davinci resolve project from the mac into a windows house and reconnecting the media was a nightmare...  that said, premiere has a much more robust relink process than resolve so maybe it won't be a serious probelm.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 18, 2020 Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for posting this y'all - my mind is kinda blown right now.  A Premiere project I'd work on with a PC (disks in EXFAT) just opened, seemingly seemlessly in Premiere on a MAC.

Like, no blips no nothing...  Is this real life?  Or just fantasy?

Wow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 18, 2020 Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's reality.  I work on both a windows machine and a couple of macs and only have minor issues moving projects between them.   I have the Paragon program installed on the windows machine so it can read macosextended drives.  Generally, I have to relink at least some of the files when moving between platforms, but usually if I relink one file, the rest reconnect automatically.  There do seem to be consistent issues with font compatibility but I can live with that. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2023 May 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on a Adobe Premiere Pro project from an External drive on Windows 10 and i want to move everything on a Mac. Do i have to plug the external drive on the Mac and just use NTFS Paragon and indicate to Premiere Pro wehre are the file now to work properly? Do i have to copy the entire External drive ON the Mac internal drive by using NTFS Paragon? I just want to know the best and easy way to move the files.

Thank you,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 26, 2023 May 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

NTFS Paragon should work...  I used to share projects between mac and windows using paragons program that allowed windows to read macos extended drives...  You'll probably need to relink when you open the project on the mac with the ntfs drive attached...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines