• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How Do You Display Clip Lengths in Project Panel in Icon View?

Engaged ,
Feb 14, 2022 Feb 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am I going crazy or didn't the length of clips used to be displayed with the clip in Icon View (I know you can see it in List View) in the project panel? I could have swore this was the case and I've been using Premiere Pro for like 15+ years now. Did I just imagine this or is there a way to turn it on/off?

TOPICS
Editing , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 14, 2022 Feb 14, 2022

v22.2 shows media duration in icon view.

Guessing Adobe restored the feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I just found an old screenshot. There's now a blue dot on every clip where the length was once listed. I'm sure there's some documentation somewhere that explains why this was changed and what the purpose of the blue dots are, but I apparently missed it. Can someone give me a quick rundown and let me know how I can change it back to see the clips length?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By @Ann Bens

Oh, that's great. I'm downloading v22.2 right now. Will change the Correct Answer if that's the case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Freeform has total clip length restored.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Freeform has total clip length restored.

By @Ann Bens

Icon view has it also. So glad they went back to that. Appreciate your input.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes but only if in and outpoint are the same as the beginning and end of the clip.

icon view in and out.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

True, but that's how it's always been so that doesn't bother me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found this discussion has been going on already. The current work-around is to set to Freeform View and then go up to the panel menu (Hamburger Icon) at the top of any bin you want to be able to see the clips' duration, go to the bottom of the menu and choose "Freeform View Options". From there you can add up to two metadata items below the clips. You can choose "Media Duration" to show the clip length. 

There's a place you can vote to bring back the clip lengths, or at least give us the option to toggle it on and off: 
https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/44590392-re-enable-media-du...

Please go vote if this is a feature you'd like to see added.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines