How do you export one video frame from a timeline?

New Here ,
Feb 10, 2022 Feb 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning kind people

It is very easy to export still images from Premier Pro.

But I have some individual video clips I want to export from a timeline so that a colleague can colour grade for me [I am a little red/green colour bind so need some help].

How do I do this ?  It's not obvsious.

Many thanks for the steer

Tom 

TOPICS
Editing , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you wanting to export as a video? Just set an in and out point on your timeline and export that. Make sure you export in good quality so you're not losing quality.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you want to have him grade the whole sequence, say ... it's done one of two ways.

The first is you export a high-quality file, probably an upper ProRes or DNx format, and the other person takes that file, breaks it into scenes with scene detect (both Premiere and Resolve can do that) ... then grades that set of 'clips'.

The other way is you make a couple exports of the sequence ... probably an FCP XML file of the sequence, and typically an H.264 of the whole sequence so they can match the clips on their end against that low-res H.264. Send those two files with the rest of the original media on a drive or upload service.

The latter is more complex, but can if done right get a bit higher end result. The first option is far easier, and if you're not going to movie theaters with a 20 foot wide screen, should work ok.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines