• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how do you undo a premiere pro preferences wipe (restore default settings)

New Here ,
Feb 13, 2022 Feb 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i recently underwent a preference wipe due to some issues finding where i put some things inside of premiere pro, however what i didnt know was that wiping your preferences also wipes all of your projects. i was in the middle of a big project and lost 2 weeks of progress becuase i wiped without knowing all the consequences, so i was wondering if there was a way to restore my preferences/ my projects, as all traces of the project was compeletely wiped from my computer (if it helps i haven't done any new projects on premiere pro since) thank you!

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 13, 2022 Feb 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

however what i didnt know was that wiping your preferences also wipes all of your projects.

By @Owen23136708a1ca

I find that very hard to believe.

Are your projects on a external drive?

Below how to reset preferences

FAQ: How to reset (trash) preferences.

This is how you trash media cache:

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2152942

Look for saved versions in your auto save and in you backups.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-when-to-use-quot-save-a-copy-quot-or-quot-save-as-qu...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2022 Feb 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

although this isn't the correct answer, i can say with certainty that it definitely pointed me in the right direction, i was offput by the fact that the files disspeared from where they usually go so i freaked out, but when i saw "auto save" i was reminded that there could be multiple versions, i know this is silly and i should have realised this sooner but i was able to look through my drive and find saves it made for me, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines