• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How I make the Right Click Menu display completely?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2017 Jun 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know it's a silly one but I'm working on Premiere and sometimes I use that menu. It opens downwards from where I click and since I click it only when I'm on the bottom of the screen, the menu only shows some options and an arrow down to display the rest. What I want to do is to make the menu open using all the screen it needs in order to show every option. I know that's possible, I mean every other app does that.

If it wasn't clear enough I leave some photos. (ignore the language).

This is how it opens:

Screen Shot 2017-06-16 at 15.49.35.png

And this is how I want to open directly without me having to scroll down:

Screen Shot 2017-06-16 at 15.50.03.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

New Here , Dec 15, 2022 Dec 15, 2022

I'm using a MacBook Pro 14-inch, macOS Ventura ver. 13.0.1.

I just set a text on display to a 'More Space' from 'Default' like the picture below; it works.

Screenshot 2022-12-15 at 6.08.28 PM.png

I think it's about how many lines the program can show at once. Under a certain amount, the program shows much fewer lines than it can deliver. After I set it up like that, the Whole text I see is tiny. So I need to change it every time I use it. Try it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Mar 02, 2023 Mar 02, 2023

I have solved the problem simply disabling to screen menu the option to move the mouse on a near mac.
When this option are enabled i have a partial right menu' in many application Adobe or other  033g1EKi1hhlEuIWJhpjoFo-11..v1647374705.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2022 Jan 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

heres another one: seperate audio from video and the problem may be solved for the video track 😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2021 Sep 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, your solution worked for me..haha. The menu does appear in full when I turn hiding on. I say unfortunately simply becacuse I prefer the bottom dock to be visible as I toggle back and forth frequently. But I absolutely commend you for the solution. It's a lot more than I have been able to figure out. Kudos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2021 Sep 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should note, I have become somewhat used to this issue and can be effective by using my magic mouse and scrolling down quickly when I right click. 

So I right click and get the truncated menu and them an immediate down scroll/swipe on my magic mouse pulls up the entire menu. It's become somewhat reflexive. While it's not ideal, it's the best thing I've found.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 26, 2022 Dec 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG, I had this problem for a while now and this worked.

Just wanna say thx so much

It even carried on working after I then turned to 'hiding' back off

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2023 Jul 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks this solved my problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2022 Mar 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's 100% a bug and its a real issue - wastes a lot of time. Check this out:
(All with my menu hiding @shezad5FAD  - the 2 examples are at almost the exact height position in the screen/ platform)
Contextual menu on a bin/ folder - it's fine:

Ari223988031mm5_0-1646650726024.png

Contextual menu on a file:

Ari223988031mm5_1-1646650766988.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 05, 2022 Jul 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I discovered when you put premiere in full screen mode on a mac, right clicking a clip shows the entire menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2022 Jul 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems like the full screen trick does not work on my 2022 14" Macbrook Pro. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2022 Jul 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

14" M1 Pro MacBook Pro here having the exact same issue and it's absolutely messed up my work flow. If anyone with the same model/display/res has a solution I'm all ears. This sucks 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2022 Nov 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this exact same "right-click menu" issue with M1 max macbook pro.

Super frustrating Adobe! Workflow is key and it takes a lot of extra time to scroll after every right click instead of the menu just fitting to the screen!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 22, 2022 Nov 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The minimum resolution for Premiere Pro is 1920 x 1080, make sure you set your screen to this resolution. More info
The 14" M1 Mac Book Pro's default resolution is 1512 x 982 (even though the native resolution is 3024x1964.) So you'd need to change the default resolution to use the Premiere Pro interface optimally, or attach a second screen.

Note: Discussions is a user to user forum where we users help each other. The Adobe engeneers do not always read everything here. If you feel strongly about a (bug) fix or a (new) feature /idea please post it as such. This keeps the discusions here to the point.

More info: filing bug report or a feature request 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2022 Dec 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've recently transfered to mac from windows and facing the same problem. In fact the size of the bar depends on how far is the selectable object to the bottom of the screen. It opens TO the bottom, but not FROM the top. And of course the resolution has nothing to do with this.

It seems like a problem which is not fixable, right? Or has anyone found a solution?telegram-cloud-photo-size-2-5240351441539940855-y.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2022 Dec 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is that the contextual right-click menu drops down until the Dock. I moved my Dock to the right side of the screen and adjusted the Display setting to "More Space", and I never see the smaller menu. I think the logic behind is that the menu you open up by right clicking has to start from the point of the cursor and drop down until the dock. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2023 Mar 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have solved the problem simply disabling to screen menu the option to move the mouse on a near mac.
When this option are enabled i have a partial right menu' in many application Adobe or other  033g1EKi1hhlEuIWJhpjoFo-11..v1647374705.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 22, 2023 Jun 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting find @Vincenzo Gatt28681377kexz , thanks for sharing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 07, 2024 Mar 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Whilst this has been marked as resolved for a Mac on Windows it is still an issue and has been for the past few releases. 

WORKAROUND
On a Mac I can just use the scroll wheel on the mouse to quickly open the hidden menu features. 
On a Windows machine, I find pressing the UP Arrow once opens the bottom times that are hidden 'Reveal in Project' etc.
hope that helps someone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines