• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to add timestamp to the exported filename?

New Here ,
Feb 08, 2023 Feb 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the latest updated Premier Pro. I'm working on a series of timelines within a project, all named things like Reel 01, Reel 02 and so on. All exports are done to a specific exports folder. When exporting the edits, so far, I manually add the date of export into the filename to so I can track changes by day. Is there a way to do that automatically, i.e. I type a command or a script into the filename once and it automatically adds the date (and/or time) of export everytime I click on the export button? I know lightroom is able to do that with exports, a drop down allows me to add date to the exported file name.

TOPICS
Export , How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are extensions and plug-ins that can help with that. But no internal option to auto add naming elements.

Which is very weird not to have.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does any specific extension or plug-in come to mind? A search did not reveal much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 09, 2023 Feb 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Might want to check out this site:

https://knightsoftheeditingtable.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines