Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

How to adjust UI font size in Premiere Pro 2020

New Here ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

I'm on a MacOS Catalina platform (MB Pro 15" late 2016) .

The Display Resolution is 2560 x 1440 on my external Eizo CG277.

I have Adobe Premiere Pro 2020, Version 14.8.0.

The UI font size is very small.  How do I adjust it? I can't figure out how to adjust it for Premiere Pro.

Thanks for your help.

TOPICS
How to, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2021 Jan 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to find this out too. Please help

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 22, 2021 Jan 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Rob,

Check out the slider at the bottom of the Project panel. You can enlarge the size of your list view items and the fonts there by sliding the slider to the right. I hope that helps.

Thanks,
Kevin

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Rob, the little slider is not doing anything in my Premiere Pro. I have Catalina 10.15.7

I have a video edting project to do for work today and I can't see what I am doing... Any tips on how to increase the UI font size would be greatly appreciated. 

Mod: comment was removed. Please do not refer to our internal debug tools. They are not for customer use. Make a feature request instead.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, I see that slider increases the size of the imported list items text OR the icons, but I really need to increase the size of everything in the interface in order to see what I am doing... please help : ) Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For that sort of thing, you need to change the "scaling" options in the OS. Going to say 150% or 200% on scaling for that monitor in the OS might help you out.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 24, 2021 Apr 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine system font is set to 133%. Any bigger and everything would be too big generally. What seems daft is that all this expensive mature software is missing such as obvious feature as scalable UI. They seem to assume that every user has microscope-like eyesight.

Fastertrack_0-1619264457391.png

I can just about see this

Fastertrack_1-1619264484971.png

Even at maximum it's pretty small.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 24, 2021 Apr 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

133% is likely to be an issue for some reason. 100%, 150%, or 200% work better.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's also because people overkill it by using 4K monitors. That is largely unnecessary.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 14, 2021 Aug 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My monitors are 1920x1080 not 4k, though if an editor was working on 4k content it would make sense that they would need monitors of that resolution.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines