Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

How to apply same noise reduction and reverb reduction to multiple audio clips- already trimmed down

Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have already trimmed my audio clips (after I synced audio and video) and I want to apply the same FX of noise reduction and reverb reduction to each audio clip but doing it one at a time is crazy. I have tried highlighting all of them but then the effects control panel doesn't show up (it's grayed out) and i've also tried grouping them all together and then trying to apply the same effects onto all of those audio clips. It has dawned on me that i probably should have applied noise reduction and reverb reduction before doing the rough cut and later refined cuts to the audio (that was linked with the video). What can I do this case? I've been trying to find answers to this via youtube but no such luck for this specific issue. I did try just highlighting one of the audio clips and I think I started working in the audio track mixer... i applied DeReverb at 40% but it made the audio sound really weird. Then i tried to apply that deReverb to the next audio clip.. but yeah it didn't work and anyways I'm confused. Can anyone give me some pointers for how to handle this? I used a tascam clip on mic but unfortunately i'm in an airbnb apartment that isn't sound treated and it's about 1 block from a major throughfare so lots of on and off car honks, traffic noises etc.  

TOPICS
Audio, Editing, Effects and Titles, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have your sequence assembled then you can just apply effects within the track mixer...this doesn't affect the original clips, but will affect everything on that track.

If all the tracks need the same effect, it can be applied to the "mix" track.

Don't expect miracles from DeReverb: you may be able to reduce things, but it's very difficult to remove.

Likewise with other noises...the more you process, the harder it is to keep things sounding natural. You can just back of the volume on individual noises like car horns if they don't overlap the dialogue.

See https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/audio-track-mixer.html

and

https://blog.frame.io/2021/08/16/premiere-pro-audio-mixing-basics/

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try this:

• Copy the clip that has the FX you want to apply to other clips.
  • Select all the other clips.
  • Go to Edit>Paste Attributes and choose the attributes you want to paste.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines