• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to avoid, overcome and workaround issues with Premiere

Community Expert ,
Apr 01, 2023 Apr 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting situation, the client is an experienced editor, features, docs, for a very long time and was an expert on avid...  He also teaches premiere pro at a college...  He often complains about problems he encounters in premiere compared to avid...  I tell him, that when I have a problem, I quickly figure out how to solve it or find a workaround...  and thinking abou why, it's because I monitor this board, so I can anticipate most of the problems that occur...

Can't recommend this highly enough...  Of course, I'm busy on about 4 jobs besides providing support for a number of Premiere users, and I haven't been doing my due diligence...  but will try and catch up later today...

TOPICS
Editing , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 01, 2023 Apr 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I participate because I learn here. It's my training. I'm off by myself in my one-person facility in a small town in Oregon. This forum, and the BlackMagic and LiftGammaGain forums, are my main learning tools anymore.

Down at a SMPTE event in San Jose in January, it was intriguing to me that the top video production team for one of the largest company's in the world was in a class I was taking. All people with years of experience in broadcast production prior to their current job.

And yet ... there are many parts of Premiere, especially in organization and color, that I was way more knowledgeable than they. Nick Harauz and I talked about it, and he said that was pretty normal for him also.

Because even when you work in a 'shop', we all tend to be siloed into one specific workflow, and don't have the time to try things. Or interest, often.

But due to this forum, I've gained a wide array of knowledge about this app ... and how to make it work, for a variety of needs, as imperfect as it is.

All these apps are imperfect. Resolve certainly is, just in different ways.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines