• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to batch select 1 minute of several videos and put it in one single sequence

Enthusiast ,
May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have 26 videos of 3 minutes.

I would like to create a sequence made of 1 minute of each of the 26 videos (so a sequence of 26 minutes).

How Premiere Pro can do it automatically (batch selection of 1 minute of each video and put it in one single sequence) ?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

1- Select all videos and drag to timeline

2- Select all videos on the timeline, right click --> speed duration

3- Unlink speed and duration

4- set your duration to 1 min

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alas no way to do that.

Besides, how is Premiere going to know which 1 minute to select from a 3-minute clip.

Trimming each clip is the way to go

but if you insist on some sort of automation:

You can import all clips as a multi cam sequence.

Clips will be stacked on top of each other. Trim them all back to 1 minute in one go.

Position them on the timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ann,

My goal is to select the first minute of each of the 26 videos and add it to a single sequence.

How to do it as efficiently as possible ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The multicam workflow I describe earlier.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 22, 2021 May 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forgot all about it:

Automate to sequence will do what you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok Ann for "automate to sequence", but I don't know how to set the corresponding window below in order to select the first minute of each video.

screenshot0004.jpg

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add clips to a sequence automatically

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/user-guide.html/premiere-pro/using/adding-clips-sequences.ug.ht...

You set timeline markers and use the unnumbered marker feature.

Just try all the settings then you will know how to operate the feature.

afbeelding.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok Ann,

From last time I have decided that for each of the 26 videos of 3 minutes, I prefer to select 1minutes 30 seconds of each video instead of 1 minute. Each videos are all subclips.

So, according to what you have said, I have done :

1) - on each video I have selected "in" point and "out" point corresponding to a duration of more than 1 minute 30 seconds (by example 1 minute 40 seconds).

2) - in my empty timeline I have manually put a marker at 0.00, and 26 markers every 1 minutes 30 seconds.

3) - Then I selected all my subclips and click on "automate to sequence" button. But I had a problem : the timeline prevent me to put markers at a time more than 9 minutes. So I am obliged to put only 6 markers (ie : 6 x 1 minutes 30 seconds = 9 minutes) so I have only 6 videos that are put in the timeline with the function "automate to sequence". Then I put again 6 videos with this function, and 6 others, etc ...

Have you a solution to be able to be more efficient, by example :

- is there a way to put automatically all the markers in the timeline (and not manually) ?

- how to remove the limitation of 9 minutes in order to put all my markers at the same time ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1- Select all videos and drag to timeline

2- Select all videos on the timeline, right click --> speed duration

3- Unlink speed and duration

4- set your duration to 1 min

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have used "speed duration" function and set it to 1minutes 30. It works perfectly for me.

Please see the screenshot (here is a test of 2 videos only instead of 26) :

screenshot0004.jpg

 

Could you advise me how to remove automatically the blank space between elements, for all elements at the same time ?

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, about using "speed duration" function, as the videos were of 3 minutes and as I have changed the duration to 1minute 30 seconds, in the timeline I have blank spaces between videos.

But I have just found the solution to remove blank space between elements : menu "sequence" then "close gap".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a switch in the Speed/Duration dialog box named "Ripple Edit, Shifting Trailing Clips". If you turn that on it would prevent the gaps from forming.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines