• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to change format of clips to match wide screen ones

New Here ,
Jun 22, 2021 Jun 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, this is my first time using Premiere Pro. I have followed the online tutorials for the basics but hit a problem I can't find the answer to.

I have an existing video. It is a compilation of clips that was created for our company website. It is in a very wide format enabling it to span the width of a screen on most computers.

I need to edit in some more clips, which are in a different format (not so wide). I'm attaching the original super-wide version to show what I mean.

How do I edit the height/zoom into the areas I need to, so it will match existing when I put it all together?

Thank you 

TOPICS
Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jun 22, 2021 Jun 22, 2021

Use the Motion properties in the Effects Control Panel:

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/motion-position-scale-rotate-clip.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jun 22, 2021 Jun 22, 2021

First, you need to create a sequence that matches the footage of the original video file. That is easily done in PPro. Just import the source video and drag it on top of the New Sequence icon.

Second, import the new clips and drop them on the timeline. You then need to adjust the Motion properties (position & scale) in the Effects Control Panel.

Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the Motion properties in the Effects Control Panel:

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/motion-position-scale-rotate-clip.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, you need to create a sequence that matches the footage of the original video file. That is easily done in PPro. Just import the source video and drag it on top of the New Sequence icon.

Second, import the new clips and drop them on the timeline. You then need to adjust the Motion properties (position & scale) in the Effects Control Panel.

Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Bingo! Thank you very much for responding so quickly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines