• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to change mogrt font via ExtendScript API in Premiere Pro?

Explorer ,
Jun 22, 2022 Jun 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to change mogrt font via ExtendScript API in Premiere Pro?

I recently came across "Premiere Composer" and was a bit puzzled.
Surprisingly, mogrt was able to change font styles, including fonts, and also supported undo and redo.

As far as I know, Premiere Pro does not support undo and redo for results executed with the ExtendScript API. It also does not support changing fonts or font styles.

Is this a feature that falls within the scope of the PProPanel, ExtendScript API?
I'm very curious how this is possible.

Am I missing something?

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 23, 2022 Jun 23, 2022

Hi SammyIO

Once installed, one can browse the /extensions directory to see that Premiere Composer uses the same PPro ExtendScript APIs (including unsupported QE DOM) used by all PPro panels. Premiere Composer also includes OS-specific code libraries, which perform magic that's opaque to outsiders. 
I suspect that the extension accesses and forcibly modifies the .json associated with .mogrt param sets (thereby entirely bypassing the supported APIs for modifying .mogrt parameters). It's clever, su

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 23, 2022 Jun 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi SammyIO

Once installed, one can browse the /extensions directory to see that Premiere Composer uses the same PPro ExtendScript APIs (including unsupported QE DOM) used by all PPro panels. Premiere Composer also includes OS-specific code libraries, which perform magic that's opaque to outsiders. 
I suspect that the extension accesses and forcibly modifies the .json associated with .mogrt param sets (thereby entirely bypassing the supported APIs for modifying .mogrt parameters). It's clever, sure, but even if we did know exactly what the extension is doing, it wouldn't be right to post it here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines