• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to correct a shaky video in premier pro

Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2020 Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an interview video. The camera has a bit of tremble/vibration because the tripod in on the same table where I rest my hands. Due to my movement the camera has a very minor vibration. I have tried warp stablizer in premier pro with following settings. It removes the camera vibration but also add a weird body movement in the speaker(the person speaking in front of camera). Is there an effect that just removes a very minor camera vibration. Please help me thanks a lot. The warp stablizer setting I have is attached.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 27, 2020 Apr 27, 2020

Stabilization is always going to have limitations. Depending on how much movement there is, parallax is introduced (objects behind the subject/foreground are revealed/hidden as the camera moves) and that is burned into the video. You can try setting your stabilization settings quite low (Like smoothness <5-10% and under Advanced the Crop Less <> Smooth More also down to a low number, even 3-10%) and maybe you can take the edge off the shakiness. Another thing to try would be using Mocha in AE an

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stabilization is always going to have limitations. Depending on how much movement there is, parallax is introduced (objects behind the subject/foreground are revealed/hidden as the camera moves) and that is burned into the video. You can try setting your stabilization settings quite low (Like smoothness <5-10% and under Advanced the Crop Less <> Smooth More also down to a low number, even 3-10%) and maybe you can take the edge off the shakiness. Another thing to try would be using Mocha in AE and planar tracking to see if you can stabilize that way, if you have something planar you can track.

There are probably some other great plugins out there but these are just a couple things in the Adobe suite.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much. My problem solved. I have set the crop less to 2% and smothness to 1%. Thanks a lot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad that helped! Hopefully you can get a more stable tripod in the future! You definitely don't want to rely on post fixes if you can help it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2024 May 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've had the same issue with a 4K 30fps video recorded with my Samsung S20+ on a tripod, and the auto-focus was turned on. The solution Phillip brought up really did help significantly reduce the random shaking, which I presume was caused by the auto-focus. It was aggravatingly annoying to figure out until I found this. Thank you for bringing this up. Also, @adnankhans, your settings actually did the trick. Thanks for sharing it with us. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your setting image does not display in your post. To have it appear in your post, use the Add Image button:

Screen Shot 2020-04-27 at 10.32.40 AM.png

Regarding your issue, did you have in-camera stabilization turned on when filming? In some cases, as when using a Smart Phone to record, the distortion may be baked in to the recording.

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Settings warp stablizer.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines