Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to create AC3/Dolby D audio in Premiere Pro

Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2022 Oct 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Does anyone know what Adobe recommends or suggests to use in order to create AC3 / Dolby D audio?  I have been tasked with creating Transport Stream files with that specific audio.  Our need for it is a little bit more urgent now and I am needing to find out if there is a plug in or software that can be bought to accomplish this task.  

Thanks!

TOPICS
Audio , Export , Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sorry to tell you this, but since 2017 Adobe no longer includes an AC-3 encoder of any kind at all whatsoever in any of its products.

And the paid Minnetonka Dolby Digital Plus sucrose was once suggested, but may now no longer be supported or available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seriously?  That is not good.  So the Minnetonka was really the only third party tool to use?  I see what you are saying because at this stage it probably won't be supported... I will check into it.  Thanks.  Hopefully someone else may give some more feedback...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Does anyone know what Adobe recommends or suggests to use in order to create AC3 / Dolby D audio?  I have been tasked with creating Transport Stream files with that specific audio.  Our need for it is a little bit more urgent now and I am needing to find out if there is a plug in or software that can be bought to accomplish this task.  

Thanks!

By @darinp

Check out TMPGEnc Movie Plug-in AVC for Premiere Pro that will give you just what you want, iow transport stream with Dolby Digital audio. It costs money but will give what you want and better H.264 encodes as well.

They have a 14 day trial without limitations.

Averdahl_0-1665596830501.png

Averdahl_1-1665596978165.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dolby Labs has a rather ... enthusiastic ... set of lawyers, like unto Apple and RED. And chase any perceived licensing issue to the moons of Titan. They demanded that Adobe give them pretty much unfettered direct acces to Adobe's daily financial data stream to 'check' licensing.

Adobe told them to pound sand and pulled all Dolby audio support.

I'd have done the same to anyone demanding complete access to my busisnesses' books via online methods every single day.

So although as a user, this was a painful thing, I at least understood it. Now, some other decisions, well ... not so much.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Neil!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It does of course also mean that when confronted with a specified deliverable for a job in AC-3, well ... ya gotta use an alternate audio making app. THAT is unfortunately a pain. You can do it as noted above, but ... it would sure be nice if you didn't need to do it!

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines