• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to create this blur-in effect?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 08, 2022 Aug 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m trying to replicate this Text Reveal effect you can see here. How would you go about it?

TOPICS
Effects and Titles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Aug 08, 2022 Aug 08, 2022

This can't be done in Premiere Pro, but it can be easily done in After effects, I made this mogrt template so you can use it in your Premire Pro projects:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WUL-tQQf7o7iiL0ufgvt1npMY9Z0T0MQ/view?usp=sharing

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Aug 08, 2022 Aug 08, 2022

There is some blurring and opacity per character, which is really hard to do in Premiere Pro, while After effects provide these effects natively in its text engine. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This can't be done in Premiere Pro, but it can be easily done in After effects, I made this mogrt template so you can use it in your Premire Pro projects:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WUL-tQQf7o7iiL0ufgvt1npMY9Z0T0MQ/view?usp=sharing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I really appreciate it. Unofrtunately Premiere says it's not compatible with my version and I should update. Are you sure there's no way to do this in Premiere?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS: I'm using v. 14.0.3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is some blurring and opacity per character, which is really hard to do in Premiere Pro, while After effects provide these effects natively in its text engine. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 09, 2022 Aug 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see, thanks for your explanation. Is there a way for me to make that template work in PP2018?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I saved the Ae file as an Ae 17.x compatible file:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1clp6S5KQ2cbWfXazDwNOy6ZJE6-wpRqe/view?usp=sharing

You have to open the file in Ae and then you only need to know how to export it as a mogrt template.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked! Thank you so much.

I have a follow-up question though: for some reason, using that template, it's impossible for the text to start with a number, i.e. if I write "10 people", it will show up as "people 10". Is that normal and is there any way to change it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open the Ae file, select the text layer, in the Paragraph panel switch the text direction from right to left into left to right, then re-export the mogrt and use it instead of the previous one:

left to right.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perfect, thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And just one more follow-up question: in the same video (https://youtu.be/XgmTIuQSyoo?t=25) another text reveal effect is used where the letters appear one at a time in random order. Should that be done in After Effects too?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I made this one for you, open it with Ae and export it as mogrt:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1U-8PKAfUtOiVztgyyfIQSpwN5xBLK34T/view?usp=sharing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, I owe you one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines