Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to delete part of video from

New Here ,
Mar 23, 2022 Mar 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am a beginner at Premiere and facing a problem of huge size of footage and would like to delete unused part of video to release the space. 

For instance, there is a 3-minute footage and the first 30seconds is useless and I would like to delete it before importing to Premiere. As I know, everything edited in Premiere would not affect the orginal files so I am seeking for any of professionals who can share their experience on this problem.

My english is not good and I tried my best to express..

Thank you for the help 

Lam 

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lam,

Yes. That is a common task for many editors. How you approach it depends on your source footage. What kind of source footage is it? From which camera. That will provide us with a starting point.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for the reply!!  I am using Sony A7IV.

Lam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Maybe you can load the whole video and use Premiere to delete the useless part.  Or you can try to record videos less time. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines