• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to Disable Media Color Space from File

Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2021 Oct 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This might be something a lot of you already know, but I went years without this solution, and digging up the fix took way more effort than it should have. So I wanted to post about it, in hopes of making this solution more accessible.

If you've ever ingested footage from an ARRI or even RED cam, you've probably seen that sometimes the footage will have what seems to be a LUT baked in. Naturally, you would look in the Lumetri Color panel, and a lot of forums also suggest that there is a fix in the Master Effects panel. None of this ever worked for me.

Here is the simple but not so obvious solution that worked for me:

Right click on clip in Project Panel > Modify > Interpret Footage 

From there, you will see a "Color Management" section at the bottom of the pop up window. This section has a drop down menu for "Input LUT." On clips with this baked in LUT, you'll want to reassign this menu to the "None" option.

And yes, you can do this with batch selection. It's a little misleading because if you follow these steps with multiple clips selected, the Input LUT menu will read as blank. Oddly, you don't have to change anything. Just the act of opening the Interpret Footage window and clicking "OK" is enough. The LUT will be removed from all the clips selected.

I hope this helps!

[title edited by mod]

TOPICS
Editing , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 24, 2021 Oct 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great tip.

It's probably worth mentioning that the terms like "baked in" and "burned in" are used to describe something that is merged/rendered into the picture and can no longer be worked with separately. 

A more accurate title for this post might read, "How to remove camera LUT from V-Log footage".   Or, if being really precise "How to Disable Media Color Space from File".

- Warren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines