• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to do captions like this YouTuber? Any ideas?

Explorer ,
Apr 06, 2023 Apr 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please check the first few seconds of the video below. I've seen multiple youtube videos lately that use the captions like this. I know how to use captions in adobe premiere, but I'm not sure if it's possible to automate the captions like this? Ie highlighting the word the speaker says.

Any ideas on how to do this automatically instead of manually changing colors? Thanks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rF3vlZqL544

TOPICS
Editing , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 07, 2023 Apr 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should be able to do that in After Effects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 07, 2023 Apr 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is becoming a very popular method. There are multiple workflows, and I am still looking at alternatives. There are numerous tutorials. Look for ones that use the newest release version of PR which a) has the new Upgrade Caption to Graphic feature and b) has options for "Create Captions" that allow reducing the number of characters per caption to 7.

In PR, the "easy" parts are:

Speech to Text to get dialogue to text;

Create captions with settings to create one word captions;

Caption style as desired;

Upgrade caption to graphic;

Apply effect for animation.

The problem is trying to animate color automatically because it is my belief that you cannot paste text attributes/presets. I see workflows animating scale or other effects with Vector Motion or the Transform effect. There are pros and cons of different methods.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines