• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to edit "Select Zoom Level'' options

Explorer ,
Jun 13, 2022 Jun 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there anyway for me to edit the options in the "Select Zoom Level'' drop down box. The zoom only goes up to 400% and for high qulity videos that I need to edit close to pixel perfect is pretty hard to do with this limition. I would like to add more zoom options or increase and decrease the options already there. Is there a setting or pluggin that can do this?

{02AF1A0F-2110-4C2B-9481-5F01619D424E}.png

 

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Natively that's what you get. Not sure about plugins. If you are trying to do things that precise in the Program Monitor I wonder if After Effects is a better option for you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried using after effects actually. The problem is, it doesnt allow multiple video editing. In other words. I cant add other videos to the same timeline. After Effects is is used to add effects after you're finished with the basic editing of the video. The reason why I need to be able to zoom in more is so I could make finer adjustments; near pixel perfect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Julian,

Welcome to the community.

Is 400% the max you can go? I can go up to 1600%.

Could you share the exact version of After Effects you're using? Also, what are your system specifications (CPU, GPU, RAM, OS version)?

zoom level.jpg

Let us know, we're here to help.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are in Premiere 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im not using After Effects. Im using Premiere Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, Build 19044.1706, Version 21H2
CPU: Intel Core i7-3770 CPU, 3.40GHz
RAM: 8192 Mega Bytes, DDR3, 
GPU: I dont have one (My CPU's default graphics card driver is Intel HD Graphics 4000)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere's Editing feels very rigid compared to Photoshop.

Premiere is not Photoshop or vise versa. They are two totally different tools.

Does not say which version you are using but your machine is somewhat underpowered to handle Premiere properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately this is determined by Premiere and is not consistent with different video formats. There is no way to change this setting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a real shame. Premiere's Editing feels very rigid compared to Photoshop. I really with Adobe would combine the tools of some of these softwares. It's really annoying having half the tools you need on one software, and the other half on another software and the encoding needs to be finished on another software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 16, 2022 Jun 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For what it's worth, Photoshop has a video timeline.  

Premiere Pro’s strength is assembling video, not composting (layering).  That part is for After Effects.  With Dynamic Link, it is very easy to send a clip or clips from a Premiere Pro Sequence to an After Effects Timeline.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the 'Toggle full screen' (ctrl + `) option to get more zoom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That might help. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines