• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to edit the actual text within essential graphics?

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2017 Apr 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have updated to the most current premiere pro. I have the panel for essential graphics open I have browsed for the Bold Title click on bold title and then click edit. How do I edit the text, this may be stupid but I have spent the past 30 minutes trying to figure out what is wrong with premiere pro. Then again I may just be stupid?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 20, 2017 Apr 20, 2017

Hi stingray.s,

Text can be edited in Program monitor using Type tool.

Select the title in the timeline > Select Type tool in the tools panel > edit the text in Program monitor.

Please let us know if you have any other issues.

Thanks,

Vidya

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Mar 07, 2022 Mar 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fascinating post ... I've tried several things to replicate, but haven't managed it so far.

I can change sizing, position, anchor points, keyframing it, then go back and edit text without issue. I've used both the ECP's Graphics/Vector Motion controls, and the ones in the ECP under the specific text line. The ones in the EGP itself.

Used the EGP ones, then modified in the ECP ... and added text. Couldn't get a problem.

So there is something going on in your system that ain't in mine, wonder what it is?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2022 Mar 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure it is a scrolling graphic, and the part you are trying to edit is not onscreen until a much later frame.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2022 Mar 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Narrowed it down to Vector Motion > Scale (I have Scale set to 200 in the problematic sequence). It definitely doesn't account for the scaling correctly. The further down the credits roll it gets, the more off it becomes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 08, 2022 Mar 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vector Motion is only to be used when you want overall postion or scaling or whatever.

If you want to edit just the text you use the properties within the text itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2022 Apr 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this! Very helpful

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 02, 2023 Jul 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I agree with your comments.  It seems a no-brainer that the edit should take place in the Essential Graphics edit window, not just allow the selection of the text or shape.  Even though you can edit the text in the Program Monitor Window, the edit takes place at the location of the timeline indicator.  If the graphics have special effects, such as a slide in from the left, the old text remains until you reach the position the edit took place,  I have to go to the beginning of the clip and then move the text position to where it is visible then edit the text then move the text to its original start position.  This occurs on the Mogerts I create. The adobe created Mogerts only need the text changed in the Program Monitor.

Would you happen to have an answer to why my Mogerts act differently than the Adobe Mogerts?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 02, 2022 Dec 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, all, I wanted to point out this helpx page that deals about this very topic: https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/upgrade-legacy-titles.html

Also, it contains a useful PDF guide: https://helpx.adobe.com/content/dam/help/en/premiere-pro/using/upgrade-legacy-titles/transitioning-f... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines