Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to edit videos with different FPS?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2021 Oct 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Guys,
I use Premiere just here and there, so I’m not sure how to tackles this Problem:

My Siblings and I created some short stop motion clips, for the Birthday of our Father.
Each one of us did our own piece, and since I’m the one with the most experience in Video editing, I was selected, to cut everything into one Video.
The Problem is, that some of my Siblings used an App to make the Stop Motion easier, so they just received a final video File (.mov). One has a framerate of 9fps, the other one of 4 fps.
Me, and some of my other siblings kept the individual Images.

In some of my previous stuff I did in premiere, I already had some problems with the framerate not matching. Most of my stuff was in 24fps, while some individual stuff was in 25fps. This resulted in some stuff not playing smoothly.

My question: What is the best Method to tackles this Problem?

TOPICS
Editing , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Best method is to get everybody film in the same framerate.

4 and 9 will be a disaster.

Might want to try Handbrake: no garantees.

You could also try and make stills from low framerate footage and use those in the timeline for stop motion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey 🙂
I did not understand everything 😄
But what I will try is to import one movie clip, and export as images (If that is possible). This way I can play it at different framerate, even though It then is play way different then original planned.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines