How to export .mov in the new premiere update?

New Here ,
Jul 23, 2022 Jul 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all... can someone help me out? I am fairly new to premiere, and with the update and under deadlines, I am finding it hard to export my media as a .mov and smaller size. 

I have a video I am trying to export, it's about 3 minutes long. There is no option for a .mov export anymore? How do I get this larger video under 200MB exporting? Right now with my export settings with .mp4 I am exporting at about 600 MB. Can someone help? How do I get it smaller? Thank you all in advance! 

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 23, 2022 Jul 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Mov is technically a QuickTime format, so the 'main' way of getting mov is via the QuickTime presets. You have options in the Video Codec option there for things like ProRes, DNx, and Cineform.

For H.264 in smaller exports, start with the Match Source/Adaptive Low bitrate option. In the "More ... " settings at the bottom, there's an option for setting the encoding bitrate. File size is essentially bitrate times run-time.

And the free utility apps Handbrake, Shutter Encoder, and ffmpeg do have a much wider set of options that can trim exported file size. I do know that some users export a ProRes "master" from Premiere, and make their smallified H.264 files in one of those apps.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines