Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to export with audio clip name overlay

Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2022 Dec 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please someone help me.

All I want to do is export a stringout with audio clip name overlay. My video and audio is all synced up in said stringout, and my audio files were named on set with the scene/take. I want to export the stringout for the director to review and have the audio files overlaid on screen so we know what scene/take we're looking at. But NOTHING I've tried allows me to include this data.

I can get a clip name effect on an adjustment layer, but it can only point at video layers for some stupid reason. I can get a playback overlay to show up in the program monitor, but there is no way I know of to include it in the export. This is such a simple feature, please tell me there's a way.

TOPICS
Audio , Editing , Effects and Titles , Export , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 14, 2022 Dec 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Put black video with the clipname over the audio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2022 Dec 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This doesn't work. The clip name effect only points at video tracks, not audio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To add on, if you mean rename a video clip for each instance of the audio and then use the clip name effect that would technically work. But this project has over 500 clips in my sync map so I would need to do that manually 500 times. I need a procedural solution, not a brute-force one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my Win10 rig, for Overlay Settings, the second line ... "Tracks" ... I select an audio track, and then File Name in the option above it, and then that audio track name appears as the overlay.

That doesn't work on your machine?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Neil,

That does work in creating an overlay inside the program monitor, but I can't export that overlay in such a way that it's burned into the exported video file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. I see, it doesn't burn in the Overlay settings ... um ... that's not good!

Maybe a frame.io export might ... I didn't try  that.

@Bruce Bullis  ... who on the team would know about this? Not being able to burn in overlays is a right pain for client workflows!

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 16, 2022 Dec 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@R Neil Haugen Not entirely sure...

Program monitor overlays have never been intended for output. 

@Josh Swope , does the "Metadata & Timecode Burn-in (Beta)" effect (in PPro beta builds) do what you'd like? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2022 Dec 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Bruce Bullis @R Neil Haugen I'm not sure about the beta build but I can go check it out. In the middle of some deadlines before the holidays but when I get the time to go look at it I'll let you know either way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 18, 2022 Dec 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thankfully you can install multiple major versions at the same time, and of course the public beta as a separate install even if of the same major version.

So you can say dupe a project, open it in the public beta, see if it does what you need, use it ... or not. Most of the time the public beta builds have been pretty solid.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2023 Mar 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where can I download new beta. i struggle the same issue. I need to give short film for my sound designer and it would be great that Overlays Options would be possible to bur in to video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 27, 2023 Mar 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Look in your CC desktop app under Beta apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines