Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to feather spesific path

New Here ,
Mar 06, 2023 Mar 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello dear Adobe community,

I have one video in the circle format. I want to feather it. Currently, it looks like a circle. Edge feather is not working for me since it's applying for the whole screen rather than the specific part. 

You can see the image attached. I used an AI to face track. Now I have separated the video for the face only with lighted colors. I have to feather it. I hope someone can help me.

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to show the Effect controls for this clip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the image that I sent, there's no effect. To clarify.

I used an ai to track face quickly (since the tracking mask wasn't working)
Then I changed the color of the tracked ai face. 
Then I rendered that part specifically.
And this is the result.

Which is quite okay. But the problem is as you can see now I have sharp circle so I need to feather the edge somehow. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The other video looks like this. The full shot of the scene, tracked face with a colored version. 
When I put this top of the original clip it matches perfectly. Like I said only problem is the edges of the circle.
BahaTan_0-1678117687801.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to export the circle with a transparent background, then you can feather.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I did. I did render it as transparent background with Quicktime settings. When I'm putting the transparent video into premiere pro it coming without the background as you can see in the first image attached to the post. But adding the feather edges effect is doing feathers for the 1920x1080 whole video, not doing it specifically for the circle. And that's the problem. How to affect only the circle.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines