Exit

How to generate 24 bit audio depth from premiere pro FCP XML

New Here ,
Mar 02, 2022 Mar 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a job that will export an XML file of videos from MAC FCP
But for some reason I have to use Premiere to export the XML later

But I have found that even though the audio depth of my video is 24Bit, the depth will become 16 after transferring out through Premiere

What should I do to make Premiere output XML with the same audio depth as video audio?

TOPICS
Audio , Export , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Mentor , Mar 02, 2022 Mar 02, 2022

i believe premiere uses 32 bit as 24 bit. and 32 bit float as float. so if you want 24 bit data with 8 bit matessa, you'll need a 32 bit (non-float) audio export in export settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide , Mar 03, 2022 Mar 03, 2022

The audio bit depth is usually set in the 'Export Media' dialogue, under the 'Audio' tab.

It defaults to 16-bit, and if you are using 24-bit or anything in floating point (Adobe's idea of floating point can be strange too - in Audition it can be eitjher 16-bit fixed with a 16-bit mantissa or 24-bit fixed with an 8-bit mantissa) and you are outputting to fixed point you should be using dither - assuming that there are no more tweaks to be done to the audio, of course.

If there are still things th

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i believe premiere uses 32 bit as 24 bit. and 32 bit float as float. so if you want 24 bit data with 8 bit matessa, you'll need a 32 bit (non-float) audio export in export settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris

thank you for reply

I need some clarification, are you talking about adjustments when outputting the video?
Because I can't find an option to adjust the audio depth in the output XML.

thanks again~~

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Mar 03, 2022 Mar 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The audio bit depth is usually set in the 'Export Media' dialogue, under the 'Audio' tab.

It defaults to 16-bit, and if you are using 24-bit or anything in floating point (Adobe's idea of floating point can be strange too - in Audition it can be eitjher 16-bit fixed with a 16-bit mantissa or 24-bit fixed with an 8-bit mantissa) and you are outputting to fixed point you should be using dither - assuming that there are no more tweaks to be done to the audio, of course.

If there are still things that need to be done to the audio then you should output in floating point again.

See attached screenshot for details

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2022 Mar 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Neil

Thanks for the detailed explanation
I refer to your introduction to operate, the options I modified allow me to get 24bit output video
But when I export XML, the audio depth still shows 16Bit
Premiere Pro's FCP XML confuses me...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines