• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to get rid of flickering of videos that is created in Adobe Premiere Pro?

Explorer ,
Jul 10, 2017 Jul 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have noticed that when I import video and put it in my adobe timeline that while watching and editing it will have random flickering scattered throughout the video in different spots that was not filmed with my camera. It's like a pixelated flicker and is only for a second but completely noticeable. At first I thought it's just a glitch and once I export the project it'll go away on the finished file as things like that have happened before with my other editing softwares but this one doesn't, it stays. So I also tried going back to the files in the project and clicking replace footage and then would replace it with the same exact footage file and that worked by getting rid of the original pixelated flickers but then when I go back and look through the footage again there would be new sets of these flickers scattered in new places. I do this same exact work at my full time job on adobe premiere pro and multicam the same way and even my employer has the same exact cameras as me and I have never came across this problem for my personal work before until I bought Adobe for my computer at home. Only difference is at work I have a windows PC and at home I have a MAC so I dont know if that makes a difference. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong and is there a way to fix it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 11, 2017 Jul 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well its been over 24 hours and no one has answered so I assume that its because people must not understand what Im talking about so I'll include a screen shot in this reply. As you see this is the pixelated flickers in this picture in the pastors face, the maid of honors right arms and the last two groomsmen are messed up. This happen about 5 or 6 times throughout my video. They are all only 2 or 3 frames long but totally noticeable and do not go away after rendering. Like I said when I replace the footage it gets the original flickers away but they new flickers go in new spots so its obviously a problem that won't go away, Anyone have any suggestions?!Screen Shot 2017-07-11 at 9.46.04 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 11, 2017 Jul 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What camera are those out of?

Also ... you can get a  bit of corruption in the cache & media cache database, so I'd find where those are, close PrPro, use Explorer to go to the cache & cache database folders and delete everything. Then reopen PrPro. That might do it.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 12, 2017 Jul 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Neil,

Thanks once again for responding to another one of my forums. I will try what you said? Hopefully I can find where that is... That particular camera was a Canon XA10 but I know it isn't the camera cause I watched the footage outside of Adobe and its just fine and plus its scattered in different areas on different angles and I used other cameras I used a Canon G20 and a Canon XA30 during that wedding. Also I use XA10 at my job with Adobe editing and have never came up with this problem before. Anyway hope your suggestion works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At times, bits of corruption can get into the cache & database that PrPro maintains on the project ... and that can cause all sorts of bizarre little fits here & there. Hopefully, that's the case here.

And at times, doing something that seems totally inane like changing the name of a folder the media is in, then changing it back, has sorted things out.

Weird ... but true!

Neil --------------

Ladies and gentlemen, may I present for your consideration...

There is a fifth dimension, beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call ...

... The Adobe Zone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well unfortunately none of those options worked I emptied the cache and then also tried renaming the folder and that didn't fix it. I really would hate to start all over again. Do you know of another way to reimport the video files without losing the the cuts and edits I have already put in? I tried going to the files, right clicking, selecting replace footage, and then select the same files to replace them with but that doesn't seem to do any good? Any other suggestions? Some of them could be fixed by just switching to another camera even though that angle won't look as good but one problem is I have 4 different camera angles in case something like this happened but the photographer stood right in front of one of them most of the wedding and a couple angles got ruined by the crowd standing up so some of these mess up are in the absolute worse spot that they could possibly be in like when the bride comes down the aisle cause then 2 cameras are ruined by crowd standing and a photographer is standing in front of another one so where I only have that one good angle that has a twitch in it so I hope this can get fixed, if not either accept it or start over huh haha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 13, 2017 Jul 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could try transcoding the 'faulty' clip in something like Handbrake or even AME to a different format and then do the replace footage with this new clip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok I will try that, so is Handbrake or AME a website I can do this or software? I have never heard of this before so Im not sure exactly how to do that

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Handbrake is a free open-source download app ...

HandBrake download page:  https://handbrake.fr/downloads.php

AME ... is Adobe Media Encoder, which downloads & installs alongside PrPro. It's the main "rendering" engine for PrPro, and can be run separately.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ohhhhhhh ok adobe media encoder yes I do know that we use that at work all the time too I just didn't put together that's what that stood for. That's a good idea I'll definitely try that I never thought of that making a difference but that is true. If hat don't work I'll try HandBrake. Thanks so much for your time and help I really appreciate it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 19, 2017 Jul 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you know I had a thought as to why this may be happening and was just curious if maybe I can get some other opinions because this problem still hasn't been solved. Every time I think I fixed it cause I don't see the previous flickers it's not fixed because the flickers just went into other spots of the video...... So on my video files property it says 30 frames per second when usually at work ,where I film with the same exact cameras and edit with the same exact Adobe as I do with my personal work and never have had this problem until I used my own camera and bought Adobe for home, we have 24 frames per second. So as of now this is the only difference I can see between what I do at work to what I do at home. Could switching this to 24 fps help prevent thSee little pixelated flickers? Maybe with the little bigger frame rate maybe that is causing these little random half second flickers? Is that possible? I'm asking before I do it because if I do it I'll probably have to start over and I don't want to start over for the same result but if it's likely that may fix it I will. Thank you all again for your time!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it's time we get to see what you're seeing ... if you could post a short clip in your reply, or a link for a drop-box type downloading service, so we could actually see this, it would be of great help.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok sure I can definitely do that! I thought the picture I posted a little while back would of said it all because that basically shows what I'm seeing but scattered throughout the video in random spots. Like I said they aren't long some only 2-3 frames and it goes back but yes maybe your right I'll work on posting a small video clip maybe that'll help better. When I get home I'll do just that. Thank you Neil!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One thing is if 'we' can get a short bit of the original media that does this, we can check if we get it (and therefore the media is the culprit, though not likely) or we don't ... at which point we would definitely tie it to something in your particular system.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 26, 2017 Jul 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here we go I now have a video sample of whats going on. Im sorry it took so long I have been very busy this week but yes here it is this 38 second clip is from the raw footage of the groom angle. Like I said these flickers happened randomly and when I re import the footage the initial flickers go away and then they go in other spots so its not how it was filmed its something to do with Adobe but hopefully with this little sample video it can help someone help me figure out whats going on. Once again thank you all for your time in helping its greatly appreciated!

Baker Wedding Pixelated Flickers Part 2 - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 26, 2017 Jul 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you had this in any other project, or only this one?

If only this one, create a new project, File/new project. Use Media browser to ingest this one clip into the project, and see if it still does this.

neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 27, 2017 Jul 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope it's not the first time. It's happened since I got adobe at my house. We have it at work and it's never happened and coincidentally I have the same camera that work has so I know it's not some bad reaction adobe has with that particular camera. I havent had adobe that long I have only done 2 big projects on it but this issue happened the last time too. I have had editing software do little flickers or hiccups before but they wouldn't be there when I imported the project they would just go away but not with my adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 27, 2017 Jul 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Surprised none of us asked for this before, but ... what is the hardware for the computer? OS/CPU/RAM/GPU/vRAM, and the video driver involved. Especially curious about your video subsytems.

Do you have Mercury Acceleration enabled in the Project settings panel? If so, try setting that for Software Only and see what happens.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 09, 2017 Aug 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey sorry Ive been busy and away from my personal projects until today. Anyway the computer I have is a Mac OS X El Capitan version 10.11.6. And no switching it to software only is not the issue but when you first said that I thought you cracked it cause I seen at work it was set to software only and mine wasn't but I switched it and its doing the same thing. I seriously have no idea whats going on and its getting frustrating because I can't get this video done until I figure this out and no one seems to know why its doing this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand the frustration. In general, Win 10 has been more "stable" with PrPro than any roll-out Apple OS since Yosemite I think ... but the Win10 "Creator" update (yea, they seem to be copying Apple in that) was a minor hit for some aspects of PrPro on my rig. I got hit with an update last night even though I'd set it to never install without my permission ... arghhh ... and that pretty much trashed PrPro 2017.

So ... I'll be using the Adobe CC Cleaner tool to wipe out PrPro, then reinstall, and see if that gets me working again.

So love OS dealings ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So now I'm wondering if I'm figuring out why its doing this, I picked up on something while I was working on my next project after putting that wedding project aside. My newest camera that I added to my camera family is a Canon XA30 which films at a 60 fps rate but my others are older and don't have that capability so they film at 30fps. I notice now with this new project which is sports I'm using my 60fps camera a lot more because sports is why I bought it but when I occasionally cut to a 30 fps camera angle I notice it does that little flickering too. So I realized that new camera is probably making my adobe sequence settings at 60 fps when only 1 camera is capable of that and so I'm wondering if thats causes the flickering. Cause in that wedding video I just realized I never had any flickering issues with my 60 fps camera but I didn't use that was one as much just for some random shots at hand the other ones were propped up. So if I'm right and this is the issue is there a way to make the sequence settings set to each individual video file and what rate it was filmed at or does it all have to be 30 fps or 60 fps? is this something I should remember only record in one frame rate if I plan for all the cameras to be part of the video?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would suggest making a sequence by dropping on one of the clips of a 30fps cam first, then adding in the 60fps as PrPro tends to be pretty good (normally ... ) at "blending" the two frame rates on a 30fps sequence.

And see if in a couple or five minute test project, you get through without flickering.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 10, 2017 Aug 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So last night I started a new project and imported only my lower fps camera shots and multicammed them while I slept, came home from work to check it out and watch it and its still doing the same thing. Something tells me it has to be a settings thing cause it wasn't filmed that way for sure because the flickers are going in new spots every time I start it over which has been quite a few times. Here is a picture of my Adobe new project default general settings, Do you see anything here that would effect this? As you can see I change it to software only like you suggested before.Screen Shot 2017-08-10 at 6.06.23 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 10, 2017 Aug 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That they're appearing in different places every time sounds to me like you've got some kind of technical issue, but with the GPU out of it, I'm not used to this still occurring. That's normally something that shows that the GPU is needing a different driver ... or replacement.

Software only, with the flickers changing each time ... huh.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 11, 2017 Aug 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So in your opinion what should I do? I mean  think I have gone as faras I can with the forums no one seems to know what the problem is. You think I should call Adobe? It seems like its going to be hard for them to figure out without visually seeing what the problem is? Can I chat with a representative so I can send them the link? It says you can chat with adobe but I can't figure out how. I mean until this problem is fixed I literally can't get any of my projects done I'm at a stand still. Thank you for all your help so far Neil I really appreciate it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines