• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to have one timeline talk to multiple sequences?

New Here ,
Nov 19, 2021 Nov 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At my old job we had one original timeline and then when we were finished we would go to a sequence named Youtube. It was nested, and formatted for YT and had that original timeline with all the edits, etc. We would export and boom, then we would go to the Facebook sequence, and it would be the original timeline but formatted for FB. 

How do i do this?

TOPICS
Editing , Export , Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was nested, and formatted for YT

How do i do this?

By @Ricky217641083v7t

There is no need or requirement from YT to do that, you can upload lot´s of different frame sizes to YouTube. You are not limited to only one frame size.

The key is to start with a sequence, edit and export that. If your camera records 1920x1080, 30 fps that´s the sequence you want to use.

For FB, create a 1080x1080 sequence with a frame rate that mathces the original sequence and place the original sequence in that.

Another maybe more convinient way is to use the Auto Reframe feature: Automatically reframe video for different social media channels (adobe.com)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The sequences all talked to the main sequence and were forammted differently, thats what I want. 

I know i can resize and YT allows different formats etc. I am not concerned with that. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The sequences all talked to the main sequence and were forammted differently, thats what I want.

By @Ricky217641083v7t

What you are looking for is called nested sequences. Here is some basic info and if you goole it you will find hours of reading and videos: How to nest a sequence in Premiere Pro | Adobe Premiere Pro tutorials

Nesting sequences is a powerful and useful feature in Premiere Pro. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have your original sequence. You create the Youtube sequence with any different formatting you want. Then you nest the original sequence in the Youtube sequence and make any other (scaling?) adjustments.

When you redo the original sequence, some things would still work, but you'd probably have to adjust the length of the nested original in the Youtube sequence etc.

Is that what you are looking for?

As with Averdahl, I'd wonder how much of this would be necessary with the additional export format tools.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do i create another sequence with the different formatting that is a nested sequence of the original?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How do i create another sequence with the different formatting that is a nested sequence of the original?

By @Ricky217641083v7t

File > New > Sequence will create a new sequence for you, but you need to define the frame size, frame rate, etc.

How to nest a sequence in Premiere Pro | Adobe Premiere Pro tutorials

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines