• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to not cover the clip in the sequence when i insert or paste new clips into timeline?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2023 Feb 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently i am working on a cep which can insert adjustment layer from another project,now the issue is ,when i use the insertclip() function it will always overlap the clip,and i write a very complex code to judge if it can be insert into the specific track;(but it can only insert,not paste)but when i search for other extensions,i found that they do this thing to aviod the issues happened;But i really do not know its function,so can i get your help?Thank you so much!

what i want to do is judge clips.length or somthing like this,if it not = 0,i will not chose that one as a target,so i can paste to the target track.

212128196270b2ab66fe86145eaa2c0.png

TOPICS
Editing , Import , SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 17, 2023 Feb 17, 2023

You know what track to which you want to add the adjustment layer. 

Given that, you can walk across the trackItems in that track, and confirm the presence of trackItems at a given time. 

Doesn't that give you what you need?

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you're working from the Source monitor using Insert or Overwrite, they supposedly operate slightly differently.

If the timeline CTI/playhead is at a cut point, Insert will drop the clip on the track with the left-side Source blue target set active as shown in your image. And will push existing clips to the right.

Overwrite, no matter where  the playhead is set, will ... overwrite ... what's on the track with the Source target set.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You know what track to which you want to add the adjustment layer. 

Given that, you can walk across the trackItems in that track, and confirm the presence of trackItems at a given time. 

Doesn't that give you what you need?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines