• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to open a 4k dcp in premiere make changes and then save it back...

Community Expert ,
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I'm working on the restoration of a documentary from the 80's.  I have an unencypted 4K DCP from the facility that did the resolve work and there are few short sections that the director now wants to have burned in subtitles added independent of the caption files.   So i'm trying to figure out a way to convert or open the DCP in Premiere and add the subtitles and reoutput either just the sections with the subtitles or if necessary, the entire show...  as a DCP, without any color shifts, etc.   I'm aware I may need a plug in to remake the dcp.  I can drag the dcp folder in and the video comes in as an mxf file but there's no image...

When I was brought in to the project, the director had about a dozen issues with the resolve output.  I was able to figure out how to fix these in premiere, and the guy at the facility didn't have a clue how to do them in resolve.  Took some back and forth so there were no color shifts exporting from resolve and then bringing into premirere, doing the fixes and then exporting and bring them back to Resolve.   So I understand there may be some issues...

TOPICS
Editing , Export , Formats , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?