• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to quickly create a project with all the directories set the same

Participant ,
May 22, 2022 May 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Premiere Pro and After Effects for fun so this may be a whacko idea for the real profressionals but I want to create a new project "foo" and I want it to put the project file, e.g. foo.prproj, in /The/Same/Path/foo (so the result would be /The/Same/Path/foo/foo.prproj for the project file.  And then when I export the media, I want the default directory to be the same: /The/Same/Path/foo AND I'd like the default sequence to be foo as well but that's another problem I'm sure.  So... the net result would be /The/Same/Path/foo/foo.mp4

Right now, the export path seems to be different for Premiere Pro than it is for Media Encoder and it tends to be the last place I exported to but not always.  In any case, it just seems like the default directories for things are never what I would like.

Is there a way, perhaps with a script or something, to create a project and get settings like these set like I want?

TOPICS
User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you might check out this

https://www.digitalrebellion.com/posthaste/

Not sure if it's what you're looking for but worth a quick look.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Definitely looks interesting.  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you open Premiere Pro and create a new project that's where you give everything a path to "Project location". Are you setting this initial parameter to the directory path you need? When you are going to export from Premiere Pro you must give yourself the path to the directory where you want your exported file to go, but if you launch Adobe Media Encoder it does export you to that same path within a folder of the same AME.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I set up the project directory.  I end up typing "foo" twice in that instance because I create the directory foo and then I have to name the project foo.  Not a big deal but, so far, that's twice.

The last sentences of your reply is not true for  me.  For export as well as for Media Encoder, I have to re-specify the path or it goes into another folder -- generally the folder of the previous project.  This, in particular seems somewhat ill designed to me.

Once I do the export the first time, then it generally goes to that folder EXCEPT if I swtich how I export.  If I had Premiere Pro do the export and now ask AME to do the export, I have to, again, specify the directory or it goes into the directory of the last export I did via AME.

It just seems like Adobe isn't thoughtfully considering reasonable defaults.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"It just seems like Adobe isn't thoughtfully considering reasonable defaults."  well yeah, for your particular workflow...  and mine also which is very different from yours.  but you can bang your head against the wall, till the wall and your head are bloddy, or you can bow to the adobe overlords...  forgive the snark...  but for me, I don't create a new project that often so it's not too onerous a task to manually set up each project...     There is a place for feature requests...  do some searching here to find it and post it and if you think other people would like it, post here and ask for some upvotes...   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do.  Indeed, I just opened LR and it asked me for feedback and I gave it some.  And I often send feedback to most of the apps I use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What's LR?  (Lightroom?) but there's a specific place for feature requests.  do some searching here to find out where it is...  or if needs be, post back and I'll do the digging...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines