• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to "online" a sequence? i.e go from proxies to 8k footage with handles?

Explorer ,
Oct 24, 2021 Oct 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I need to "Online" a sequence. I'm sure this is out there, but a link or how-to guide would be great! Thank you! 🙂

Details: For my Premiere project that is 6K footage I created proxies for everything and put these on my fast SSD editing drive upon import via Media Composer, then disconnected the original media drives. I cut an amazing 2 min trailer sequence from 40 hours of footage with the proxies. Now I need to "finish". My original 6k footage is on about a dozen slower hard drives (BRAW if you're interested). On Avid the term we used to use when going from low res files to high res was "Onlining".  Basically take a sequence and make a copy - Disconnect all media (or move the sequence to another system w/o the original media) - and have Avid import the used parts of each clip in the sequence in "high res" with 30 frame handles. 

The above process is what I need to do in Premiere (although I don't have to move to another system). But most Proxy posts just say "toggle on/off your high res footage". I can't put all my 6k footage on my editing drives due to space constraints. So I can't simply reconnect my original 6k media.

Some links on how to do this would be great!  What is this process even called in Premiere? Searching for "Onlining a sequence" found zilch here and with google.  😄

TOPICS
Editing , Formats , How to , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?