Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to remove light fluctuations from fluorescence,

Explorer ,
Jul 20, 2022 Jul 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there community,

Please see the footage attached. There are some very ugly fluctuations in the light behind the subject. I Believe they are called "Rolling Bands".

The footage was shot in 23.976 fps/ shutter 1/48 on a Panasonic DVX200, shutter 1/48 

I'm wondering if there is any way to fix this issue in post, and  if there is any way to remedy  this in camera for next time.  Online Ive seen quick fixes like duplicating the clip, moving the duplicate to the next track above original clip, then  moving it 1 frame and changing the top clip to 50% opacity. unfortunetly that didnt work. Next option is to buy "Flicker Free". Im hoping there is another solution.

Thanks,

Garett 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a hard thing to remove. There is a plugin from Digital Anarchy called FlickerFree, that's about the best thing I know of for this type of work.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89kuCMGxVr0&t=61s

https://help.revisionfx.com/tutorial/227/

I tried this before and it worked but my rolling blinds where very slow, im not sure if it will help with your case. 

if its too fast, try deflicker plugin from revision it might be a good option to start with. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not cheap but one of the best: DEFlicker - RE:Vision Effects 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

2nd vote for Digital Anarchy's 'Flicker Free'. It is very good at fixing this sort of stuff and you can download a trial version to test. Keep in mind it is slow to render and you may need to try a few of the options within the plugin to get the best result. I also use 'DE:Flicker' from RE:Vision FX - also good ... in fact probbaly more powerful ... but also tricky to get right.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines