• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to resize video clip before creating multicam sequence?

Explorer ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm doing  a two-camera multicam edit.  One of the cameras was zoomed out too far during the shoot.

How do I simply re-scale that camera's original clip to 125% BEFORE creating my multicam sequence?  When I double click on the original clip, and go to Effect Controls, there is no option to adjust the scale (or anything else).  

There has to be a simple way to do this ... I just can't find it.

TOPICS
Editing , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Larry,

Why don't you create the Multicam Sequence, click into it and scale up the camera and then hop out of the Sequence again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That isn't working for me.  I double-clicked on the Multicam Sequence in the timeline.   Then, I went into the Source Monitor, selected the camera angle I want to change, and changed the scale to 125%.  

Problem is, that changes both camera angles to 125% -- not just the one I need to change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found the solution HERE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is probably the part larry above referred to ...

Actually just figured this out.In your project window, right click on the "Multicam" thing that was created after you built your multicam sequence. Click "Open in Timeline". This basically brings up the nested sequence that was created. Then you can go to whichever clip and make the adjustments. Those are then reflected in your mutlicam sequence.Thanks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and if all that angle have the same file name, you can search for that file name in the timeline and select all the instances and apply the same motion preset to them all.   I know I'm leaving a few stseps out, but I'm juggling a sandwich and the keyboard.  If you need further details, post back...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2023 Feb 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This just saved me. Thank you - I have a multicam sequence shot in two different aspect ratios and dimensions (4k + 6k). The mutlicam sequence equalizes everything into a single resolution timeline and in order to properly scale the 6k footage, I needed to access the original nested clips. Saved me a ton of time!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to access the nested sequence like someone mentioned. There you can change the shot scale even after you do your multicam edit. As long as you have not flattened it, you can make adjustments in the nested sequence and it will affect the multicam sequence. You can even cut a clip in the nested sequence and make different adjustments to it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you hold CTRL while double-clicking the Multicam Sequence, you can directly open it in the timeline.

Kind regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines