• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to roll back from v. 22 Premiere Pro?

Explorer ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Experiencing severe problems with v 22 update on near finished project:

- the save as v 22 version project never completes so I need to force quit 

- then this same "unsaved" converted to v 22 project file seems to open up ok and looks just fine but after saving it and reopening it again, an entire video track is missing! I have gone through this process twice. 
So is it possible to roll back? To previous premiere pro version? 

Mac Catalina

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correction -- what happens is that the top video track, a transparent layer with time code, somehow has jumped down and overwritten the video track cotent below, either its content jumping (individual name of original track location still there, but empty) or possibly the entire track, name and all (I'd have to reopen tat project to check). I'm now on my thrid try to create a v 22 project file... after force quitting the original "save" and opening the v 22 project created .. it looks all there but the next problem is the requirement to delete the original ingext stting. said "OK" and now the soft ware seems to have crashed again, endless wheel. Will need to force quit again to exit and try again. How to roll baqck from this V 22?    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First bit of wisdom ... make sure the "auto-update" is always turned off in the CC Desktop app. You need to check this every once in a while.

Second ... any time you install an update, make sure that 'remove previous versions' is not selected!

Third ... any time you migrate to a newer version, create a NEW project in the new version, then in the MediaBrowser panel, navigate to the old project file, select it, and IMPORT the assets of that project file into the new one.

The old project file is untouched and usable in the old version.

The new project is far more likely to work correctly in the new version.

And you are safe either way. If the new project works in the new version, great!

If not, just keep working in the old version for now.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for that  great advice (indeed I failed to look closely to see it was a major, not minor, update). I have found in Creative Cloud that it's possible to install the prior version of the software. I'll do that.

Meanwhile with the updated v. 22 software I found for some unknown reason it could handle a previous project file better without a particular edit I had done (a countdown leader and a transparent layer on one video track w/ timecode). I could do what I needed to do with only one software crash and one recovered file, which I'm used to happening with Premiere. thank you again !   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey, it's nice for the feedback on what got you working again. That is always the best part of this forum ... what gets people around problems. We're always going to run into something, right?

And sometimes what breaks the project or sequence is just some bit that somehow got corrupted in Premiere's database running that section of the project. Remove that section/rebuild may well be what's needed at times.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines