Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to save CS6 as CS5.5

New Here ,
Jun 05, 2012 Jun 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello all,

Can you advise how to save a CS6 document to be editable in CS5.5 (particularly Photoshop)? I have tried Save As and Export but have not discovered any options to do so.

thanks,

Berabby

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jun 05, 2012 Jun 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro is not backwards compatible.

I'm pretty sure that psd files can open in earlier Photoshop versions, but I'm not 100% sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2012 Jun 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you, kindly Jon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 06, 2012 Jun 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open your project file (make a copy for safe) in text editor.

Then change Version="25"  to Version="24" in <Project ObjectID="1" ... row.

After that you can open or import this project in SC5.5.

BR!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 06, 2012 Jun 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Projects saved in CS6 can be opened in CS5 (not sure about 5.5 but i think they'll open). Premiere just asks for a new filename (as it does when you try to open a CS5 project in CS6).

I have tried and I can confirm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2012 Jun 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, kindly, Kostas—so far the only thing I found that will not be

recognized

in CS5.5 from CS6 in Photoshop is the new Clone Move/Content Aware tool.

Best, Ess

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 13, 2013 Nov 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>in CS5.5 from CS6 in Photoshop

Since this is the Premiere forum, you might ask Photoshop questions in http://forums.adobe.com/community/photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2013 Nov 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere crashes when I do this and try to open the new edited file. I don't know why...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2013 Dec 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am in a situation where I am taking over for someone who used Premiere CS 6 and I now have to edit their project but I am using 5.5. I am still in contact with my predecessor but he has never saved a 6 proj as 5.5. Does anyone know where I can find a step by step example I can send him to save the 6 project in 5.5? Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't officially save PrPro CS6 project as PrPro CS5.5.

As said in the comment #2, you can open up PrPro CS6 .prproj file in a script editor (e.g. Adobe ExtendScript Toolkit) or even a text editor (preferably, which respects formatting, but doesn't add its own formatting) and then in the fourth line replace Version="25" with Version="24":

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<PremiereData Version="3">

<Project ObjectRef="1"/>

<Project ObjectID="1" ClassID="62ad66dd-0dcd-42da-a660-6d8fbde94876" Version="24">

Keep in mind that everything is at your own peril, and new PrPro CS6 features can't be converted (properly interpreted) to PrPro CS5.5. Some changes in GUI can even cause a crash, as described in the comment #6. To overcome crash issues you can rely on a good old trick of importing a project into a project (i.e. create a brand new PrPro CS5.5 project and import into it the one, within which you replaced Version="25" with Version="24").

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, I appreciate the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines